Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Opinions on Settings Help Resmed VAuto
Opinions on Settings Help Resmed VAuto
Hello, I have been using my resmed VAuto biap machine for around 2 years. I'm a 27Y/O male, weight of 235 hight 5ft 9 in who has recently lost weight (70lbs+ Ozempic is a life saver) and was recently diagnosed with severe asthma (on treatment for this). My OG AHI pre treatment was 85 with lowest SO2 of 73 i think.

This whole time I have had it set to EPAP 17 IPAP 25 PS 8 for nearly the entire time. Why I originally set it up like this I don't remember, other then disliking low pressures. I have never sleep the night without the machine, in fact I usually won't even nap without it on. I also sleep with a soft neck brace to prevent positional apnea. I sleep decently once i can actually get to sleep. I do take meds to help with sleep specially trazadone and clonidine. There are no issues with in regards to comfort with my setup. I'm still on Rx Stimulants (Adderall for ADHD primary and Nuvigil for OSA) and still struggle with energy, however, I do have other hormonal issues (thyroid and Test.) and take meds to cope with that. I know OSA is not the only reason for fatigue. 

I decided to do a pre and post test, as in letting my VPAP go from 4-25 (I know thats dumb) and lower the PS to 6. TN I will do min of 10-11 any sugestions on the PS? Yes I do have a AB filter, for pollen and other contaminates.  Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Opinions on Settings Help Resmed VAuto
I too dislike low pressures. What ever you do keep pressure where you are comfortable. With your numbers you can lower your min EPAP by 2 or your PS by 1 BUT only one of them at a time.

With your "Severe" asthma watch your nighttime breathing effort looking for it becoming more difficulty. And do watch for increasing numbers.

Also get a recording O2 monitor. IMHO With the additional complication of your severe asthma you should be doing this at least periodically.
Post Reply Post Reply
So you’re saying from the 17-25 number? I slept bad last night with those test settings. I may get a O2 reader. Are there any suggested ones that are OSCAR compatible? 

Also why does resmed only store ~1 month of “advanced” data? Would a larger SD card store more. Wish I knew that earler I would have synced data more.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed will store many years of data on an 8 GB SD card.

I have nearly 6 years of data using less that 6 GB on my 8 GB card.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I honestly felt fine with my old settings. I just have to look for CA caused by the high PS but I don’t think I’m seeing that.
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s odd because when I imported to OSCAR it only had around a month or graph data on it. It happened with sleep HQ too.
Post Reply Post Reply
The SD card must be in your Pap machine while you're sleeping, otherwise there would be no detailed data.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The SD card has been in there the entire time lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
What size card is it?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I work in IT and looked through the SD card archives and it seems like only a month of detailed data is there, but all of my data is there I believe. I have to look though things tomorrow for Tn I’m trying 18/25/7. I’m comfortable with the higher pressure and do not think that I’m having CA from high PS. IMHO no good reason to lower things.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 126 3 hours ago
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 35 4 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 10 16,999 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: DaveL
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 999 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 162 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 159 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,380 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.