Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Opinions on mask wipes
RE: Opinions on mask wipes
(09-25-2017, 08:19 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: Baby wipes have a knack for smelling like clean babies even when they're supposed to be unscented. I think maybe I'd prefer citrus over baby bottom flavor....

The Seventh Generation wipes do not have any scent at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
I clean my nasal pillows and humidifier each morning by putting a few drops of baby shampoo in the humidifier and filling it with warm tap water. I let them sit for however long it takes me to get dressed. Then I rinse both pillows and the two humidifier pieces under running tap water and place them to dry on the kitchen countertop. By night time they are both dry and ready to use once again. I don't use a funnel to fill my humidifier, just pour it straight from the distilled water jug into the base of the humidifier itself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I read the reviews on Amazon for 7th Generation. One stated they're great poopy wipes. You can't top that! More than one thing you can use them for.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
this is disgusting...buy some soap.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2017, 08:19 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: ...I think maybe I'd prefer citrus over baby bottom flavor....

I think everyone would prefer citrus over baby bottom flavor...

Cool

I have yet to use any of these wipes of any variety. Adding water to the humidity is simply pouring from the gallon jug of distilled water for me.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2017, 08:41 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: I clean my nasal pillows and humidifier each morning by putting a few drops of baby shampoo in the humidifier and filling it with warm tap water.  I let them sit for however long it takes me to get dressed.  Then I rinse both pillows and the two humidifier pieces under running tap water and place them to dry on the kitchen countertop.  By night time they are both dry and ready to use once again.  I don't use a funnel to fill my humidifier, just pour it straight from the distilled water jug into the base of the humidifier itself.

Thanks for providing me with a great plan! I really am at sea about basics like this! I think your method will work with my restrictions.

The state where I live has no affordable housing to speak of, and heat is extremely expensive. Ergo the hotel, which is a great solution, but not an ideal setup for things that have bits and pieces and require any kind of space. I have stuff hanging everywhere and have to move the stuff hanging from the shower curtain rail when housekeeping comes, just so they can clean the shower.

Baby shampoo is great for a lot of things.....
Post Reply Post Reply
I use an emptied bottle of dial liquid hand soap with the pump. I refill it with whatever dish soap the girls have gotten. I think I'm on Palmolive right now. It leaves a little odor that doesn't bother me. It's green as can be so it doesn't get confused with the antibacterial hand soaps. I keep it on the bathroom sink and carry my mask in when its morning duties time. Throw it in the sink and wash it on my way out. Two pumps of dish soap and I rub it with my fingers till clean. It hangs perfectly on the med cabinet knobs. Grab it at night before I hit the hay. I've not wore a mask out yet. Been using the current mask for three months and I don't notice any difference from when it was new. If I'm picky it may have a looser fit just below my lip, maybe.
Can't advise on your machine for filling. I use distilled water in my dreamstation. I fill it with a narrow neck quart Nalgene bottle that's only had distilled water in it. I gotta watch the teenager because any reusable water bottle gets koolaid or some other flavor booster. I stick with distilled water because I'm too ornery to pack the humidifier tub with me in the morning. The tap water here does leave deposits after evaporation.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2017, 11:01 PM)JesseLee Wrote: I use an emptied bottle of dial liquid hand soap with the pump. I refill it with whatever dish soap the girls have gotten. I think I'm on Palmolive right now. It leaves a little odor that doesn't bother me. It's green as can be so it doesn't get confused with the antibacterial hand soaps. I keep it on the bathroom sink and carry my mask in when its morning duties time. Throw it in the sink and wash it on my way out. Two pumps of dish soap and I rub it with my fingers till clean. It hangs perfectly on the med cabinet knobs. Grab it at night before I hit the hay. I've not wore a mask out yet. Been using the current mask for three months and I don't notice any difference from when it was new. If I'm picky it may have a looser fit just below my lip, maybe.
Can't advise on your machine for filling. I use distilled water in my dreamstation. I fill it with a narrow neck quart Nalgene bottle that's only had distilled water in it. I gotta watch the teenager because any reusable water bottle gets koolaid or some other flavor booster. I stick with distilled water because I'm too ornery to pack the humidifier tub with me in the morning. The tap water here does leave deposits after evaporation.

The tap water here probably has lead in it. The pipes are prehistoric.
Post Reply Post Reply
Halfasleep, if water is limited or difficult to get to because of physical limitations, I recommend the mask wipes. You can make your own wipes with Bounty Paper towels in a container with a little mixture of water and baby wash. Some suggest adding tea tree oil or similar to eliminate bacteria.

Tap water with lead in it is a non-problem unless you are drinking it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2017, 11:55 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Halfasleep, if water is limited or difficult to get to because of physical limitations, I recommend the mask wipes. You can make your own wipes with Bounty Paper towels in a container with a little mixture of water and baby wash.  Some suggest adding tea tree oil or similar to eliminate bacteria.

Tap water with lead in it is a non-problem unless you are drinking it.

Great idea on the paper towels. I can get around fine, but I live in an old hotel, ergo the leaded pipes.

I believe one would absorb lead through the pores, eyes, lips, and nether parts....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F&P SleepStyle Opinions zzz1 0 180 02-01-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: zzz1
  2 weeks on new ResMes ASV, need some opinions/ advice RickEiben 32 2,771 08-17-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: RickEiben
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  sfr79's Treatment Thread / Analysis, Opinions, Suggestions Welcomed sfr79 9 1,213 01-04-2023, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Symptoms] ian93 story - Looking for opinions ian93 3 572 11-08-2022, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Opinions wanted - Stop or Continue PAP after wake up B1Sailor 14 1,288 10-09-2022, 08:22 PM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,209 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.