Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Opinions on nasal mask
Opinions on nasal mask
Does anyone have any experience or opinions on this type of mask?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Opinions on nasal mask
I could not keep a seal
I had to use nasal pillows and they work great
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you mean like this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That is the type, mine DreamWear but very similar
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Would have worked ok for me but for inability to stop mouth breathing. I ended up with a full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much.
Post Reply Post Reply
This type of headgear works great with the pillow mask.

[Image: 9fd7c927bf3e4940909babbf00e3f8ee?wid=420...large$]
Post Reply Post Reply
I used a Fisher & Paykal Eson nose mask for the last four years (as opposed to the nasal pillows shown in your picture).. but recently I have had to switch to a full face mask, my choice was the ResMed AirFit F20 silicone version.

Initially I had no problem keeping air from coming out of my mouth, but as the years have gone on I've tended to relax my jaw more than I used to, subsequently the change was unavoidable for me.

I guess it will come down to if you can keep your mouth shut.  Tongue 
Bag-head
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
I started having trouble with keeping my mouth closed after losing weight. Part of the answer was realizing that I need less pressure now, but that didn’t help enough.

I tried going to a full face or hybrid mask, but during the night my relaxed jaw will also move back, not just down. If the lower straps are tight enough to maintain the seal, they also pull my jaw farther back and drive my AHI up. I get significantly better results with the P30i or N30i. As my weight has dropped, my preference has shifted from the P30i to the N30i, but I have gone back and forth between them some.

Collars did not help with mouth leaks. For now, I’m reluctantly using Somnifix tape (upside down compared to instructions, which fits my face better). I’m also ramping up my efforts to keep my mouth closed and tongue in place during the day, breathing through my nose only. I hope to someday quit using the tape, but we’ll see.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was not able to get a good seal with the Dreamwear mask, but the shape of my face has changed a lot since then. I have not retried it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 100 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,081 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,227 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  F&P SleepStyle Opinions zzz1 0 180 02-01-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: zzz1
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 342 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 486 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.