Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Opinions wanted - Stop or Continue PAP after wake up
RE: Opinions wanted - Stop or Continue PAP after wake up
B1Sailor,

I have been looking at getting an AirSense 11 AutoSet. I have seen two different numbers.

From resmed I got this data:

39000 AirSense 11 AutoSet USA CO, SlimLine tubing

39001 AirSense 11 AutoSet USA TRI, ClimateLineAir 11 tubing

At some supplier sites I see the heated hose for the 11 as optional. I have no idea if the actual machines are identical and have the same Climate Control options.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went back and read your initial post, and it would seem like a heated hose would be beneficial to you. If you find it isn't helping, you can turn it off, and still use it as a regular hose, albeit a little more expensive than the others. Big Grin

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
KeepSmiling I believe they are identical. My APAP has all the settings and the connector. The DME Supplier just orders the ones without the ClimateLine tubing. And I watch them turn off the setting on my initial setup. Apparently the first catalog number you found.

Thanks Red.  I just ordered one to try. I have never used one before. Its worth a try to see if it improves the experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
Brazen, thanks for your observation.  It isn't my experience, but clearly some people do have more 'event's while they are awake.  Perhaps this is what the Op meant.  My AHI per hour gets higher during the hour in which I fall asleep, so early on and when I have been awake and finally fall asleep for a second (or third) time.  For ten minutes or so, I might get as many as ten sleep onset centrals.  However, this phenomenon is shor-tlived for me, and seems to happen only after surgery.  First time was an un-sedated angiogram, second time four months later after pulmonary vein ostia catheter ablation, which was under anesthesia. Within about ten days the SOCAs went away.
Post Reply Post Reply
The heated hose has helped. Period!

Thanks Red (@Crimson Nape)  and @clownbell and @mesenteria. You can drop the mike now and move on to a victory dance.  

Thanks @KeepSmiling . Your comments made me rethink the original question which was to continue or not.  

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you stop your Airsense machine when you go to the bathroom during nighttime? dharma2255 10 317 04-12-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 254 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  Wake up very early circa 4AM with bad headache, any help appreciated. new2paphopeful 1 143 03-30-2024, 05:48 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Admin Note] Wanted: ResMed AirCurve 11 Clinical Guides (Clinician Manuals) SuperSleeper 1 316 03-01-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 592 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Still wake up using CPAP urachan 3 382 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: urachan
  Weird spikes and then I wake up tiredguy1 4 345 02-12-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.