Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Optimization and Uninstaller software?
Optimization and Uninstaller software?
So I am about to go up Nawth to get my new 'puter. Not sure of the specs but it was built for gaming. Told my nephew to build one that I can play ARK and Subnautica and Fallout without issues (currently they are unplayable on my poor excuse for a computer). It has an SSD drive, a huge main drive, tons of memory, kick butt graphics card, and USB ports out the not-so-proverbial wahzoo.

Anyway, one thing I dislike about Windows file structure is programs put data all over the dang place. I'm finding folders and files for software I uninstalled years ago (I've had my current computer for many, many years). I've been demo-ing several uninstaller programs and settled on Ashampoo (stoopid name) Uinstaller 9. I will be using it on the new puter to help keep it clean.

Do I need an optimizer? Something to keep files from gathering (.tmp, dump files, win dump files, etc) and unused browsers from being naughty. (I don't use Edge yet it seems to always have things to remove...)

Right now I'm using the free WinOptimizer 17 from Ashampoo. It's okay I guess. My firewall software (webroot) has some of the same things built in as tools. So not sure I need/want to buy another.

What else do I need to do for this brand spankin' new computer?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Optimization and Uninstaller software?
I am still using the Win 10 built-in optimizer in the start menu on a sorta gamer 2012 laptop with 120 GB SSD and a 750 GB HDD. The SSD is a RAID 0 as from the factory is my C: on this one. I am using a free uninstaller called Revo Uninstaller. Results are OK or better, good enough for free. This one plays Pong quite well.

Coffee
Dave
I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience and researched info regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional directions or advice.

OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Dealing With DME
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Optimization and Uninstaller software?
Pong! I loved Pong!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.