Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Optimizing BiPap settings
Grin 
Optimizing BiPap settings
After a rough few months with my fixed pressure CPAP (13cm H20)  with many obstructive and central apneas, getting a new sleep study, trying in vain to get full face masks to work (I"m a mouth breather required to use a chin strap) , I feel like I've finally found a sweet spot.  Woke up this morning feeling refreshed !   I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for tweeks to my settings.  Specifically I'm a little unclear about pressure support. If I increased it slightly might it help
eliminate these end of night centrals ? Also just recently added an antibacterial filter and am curious about how that changes machine performance since it is a machine setting.  I'm hoping the filter will help with my tree pollen issues. TIA for your assistance.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Optimizing BiPap settings
You can probably improve the CA by switching trigger sensitivity to high. Your history has been one where events are mainly CA and you have had problems with mask leaks in the past. It appears you still have a problem with letting air escape from your mouth. Have you considered a Knightsbridge dual chin strap? It might give you just enough control on the jaw to stop the leaks.

I would like to increase pressure support to improve hypopnea and flow limits, but increased PS may increase CA due to more CO2 washout. Try the high trigger sensitivity first, then let's take a look at your results again before adding more PS. It's unusual to only use 1-cm PS with a bilevel machine, and I'm sure that must be due to having CA events in the past, for which we advised reducing PS.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Optimal Settings on iBreeze BiPAP to reduce FL ewriter 2 42 4 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 154 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 280 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 373 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,200 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 240 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New User - Help Optimizing Therapy Jakeb24 3 259 03-07-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.