Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Optimizing UARS Therapy From ASV to Vauto
RE: First night with Phillips AutoSV - Where to go from here?
There are still more leaks than not in here.  Pressure is not moving a bit, so I would say pressure is too high and leaks are too high.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=29414]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll bring my EPAP down a couple of notches. Thank you.0
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if I'd adjust pressures. You need to control leaks by way of better fit/sizing for you, mask adjusting, and then to control mouth and mask leaks. I think if you lowered pressure, it may artificially lower leaks but it's not been really addressed. And besides that it may hinder therapy even more.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My suggestion on lower pressure is based on essentially no events and no pressure changes. I agree with resolving leaks, but those two things can go hand-in-hand, especially with the bilevel therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK that edit then makes more sense in going together to resolve issues. I'd missed that earlier section as it being a 2 part action.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Past few nights with the ResMed AirCurve 10... mouth tape + double chin strap.

3 nights ago:

2 nights ago:

Last night:

I kept slowly bumping up my EPAP to prevent the machine from having to raise the pressure. From months of treating myself, I think ~18 cm H2O EPAP is where the machine is happy and doesn't have to raise pressures to combat events.

I'm thinking of slowly (.2 cm H2O at a time) bumping up PS every few days to see what happens to the FLs. Perhaps wear my cervical collar instead and see if that helps with the mouth leaks, although it's more comfortable sleeping with the double chin strap. What say you?
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks great, although your pressures are very high. Obstructive events when they occur, happen in clusters. I'm pretty certain you have found an effective therapy pressure and your best control of leaks was on 1/28.

Would you like me to change the title of this thread to something like Optimizing Therapy From ASV to Vauto?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2021, 10:28 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Looks great, although your pressures are very high.  Obstructive events when they occur, happen in clusters.  I'm pretty certain you have found an effective therapy pressure and your best control of leaks was on 1/28.

Would you like me to change the title of this thread to something like Optimizing Therapy From ASV to Vauto?

I would appreciate editing the title thread - thank you very much Sleeprider.

Both sleep tests I have taken showed an AHI of 2, so very "mild," although I was highly symptomatic - I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety and OCD and put on meds for it; GERD every day for which I was on meds; tinnitus in my right ear which was driving me mad; high levels of fatigue; cloudiness/fogginess/forgetfulness; feeling highly on edge every day.

I believe my high RDI on both sleep tests (12-13) were the culprit, and were the reason for my eventual UARS diagnosis. I'm happy to report that, as of six months ago after starting VAuto, the symptoms have been reduced by 80% (NO anxiety/OCD and NO GERD (and no meds!!), NO tinnitus, BUT I still am fatigued about 30%). I think the key to feeling 100% will be to reduce FLs as much as possible and get my RDI down.

Barry Krakow MD's research into treating UARS supports the need for high pressure in treating these cases. Wish I didn't need it, but I'm grateful that I'm not intolerant of it and don't get aerophagia easily.

If anyone's interested to know, I'm having an MSE (Maxillary Skeletal Expander) placed soon to hopefully break my maxillary suture and have increased nasal cavity volume, and will have MMA surgery in about 6-8 months to bring both of my jaws forward and expand the airway. Fingers crossed!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 956 11 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 167 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 66 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.