Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Optimizing aPap settings
RE: Optimizing aPap settings
CFlex settings drop the exhale pressure up to 2-cm in settings 2 and 3, and about 1 cm at setting 1. Your events show up as obstructive but I have some doubts, and they might be mixed or complex apnea.  Once you turned down flex, your pressure stayed lower and events were reduced.  This is not characteristic of obstructive apnea, but at least you know the flex settings may not be your friend.  I will recant what I said earlier that bilevel might be good, and am more inclined to say a steady CPAP pressure around 10 or 11.0  looks better.  Higher pressure is a problem.

[Image: ahlz8Ry.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I will continue a couple of nights with 10-13 and cflex 1 so I can adjust. And today I bought a cervical collar... Grin 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You are a regular member now too, so you can link images normally or use attachments.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the registration of last night. The cervical collar was no succes. It was impossible to combine with my pillow. I'm now using a chin strap.

The registration says: "Time over leak redline 28.505%". That sound high but what is that 'redline'. Is it set properly in relation with my mask (dreamwear).

[Image: hIPMpKs.png]

I read the 'optimizing therapy' on the wiki and there is one thing that's not clear to me.

"it is the pressure differential between inhale and exhale that helps relieve hypopnea."

If I'm right this would mean that the best way to relieve hypopnea is to have no difference between the inhale and exhale pressure. Is this correct.
Post Reply Post Reply
The red line is a reference to the ResMed machines that consider anything over a 24ml leak as a large leak. It affects the ability of the machine to keep pressure up and also affects the machines ability to read the data. It doesn't apply to Dreamstations but it's considered a good benchmark to go by. Read about leaks in the beginners guide for sleepyhead and it'll give you a better understanding.  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 367 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 571 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 428 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,412 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 585 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.