Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oracle mask
(08-21-2012, 03:11 PM)PollCat Wrote: I must be missing something. What prevents the air from going out the nose? Maybe you can only use this mask if your nasal passages are 100% blocked?!?! Huhsign

After a while, I learned not to breathe through my nose during sleep and a nose clip was no longer necessary. In the meantime, a separate nose clip like one used in the doctor's office when measuring lung tidal volume works really well. The supplied nose plugs with this mask are less than satisfactory.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2013, 11:56 AM)jds74 Wrote:
(08-21-2012, 03:11 PM)PollCat Wrote: I must be missing something. What prevents the air from going out the nose? Maybe you can only use this mask if your nasal passages are 100% blocked?!?! Huhsign

After a while, I learned not to breathe through my nose during sleep and a nose clip was no longer necessary.

What an about-face in the learning curve.
With the "nasal" mask, of course, you breathe through your nose only and the air pressure itself helps to keep your mouth shut (I should try it on my daughter while she's awake - see if it has the same effect) Anyhow it woul be a challenge to learn all over to breathe through your mouth. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've always been a mouth breather. With severe claustrophobia. The Oracle mask is the only one I can use.

Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply

And I'm glad it works for you. If you don't mind, could you do a review of it in the review section?

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...iews-Forum

how to do it:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...this-forum
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2013, 01:07 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: And I'm glad it works for you. If you don't mind, could you do a review of it in the review section?

If my respiratory therapist keeps being difficult it may be time to do a review of HER.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oracle users...input Barbz 13 1,842 10-17-2015, 09:42 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  [How to] Using the Oracle Oral Mask for Ear and Eye Problems archangle 17 3,830 10-13-2015, 05:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Oracle oral mask--want original model taly 2 813 06-14-2014, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Airstream