Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oracle users...input
Oracle users...input
I thought the Anew was going to be my answer, but evidently my face is between the small and regular sizes...just could not stop leaks. Their customer service did their best to help me.

I resurected an old mask of mine. The Oracle...the only oral mask. I had to try it one more time to see if it was indeed my sinuses or some other problem causeing my balance, lack of focus, and other issues.

I was to be entering the world of freelance writing and was off to a good start over a year ago...then it all went down hill. I just could not think! I had been using the Oracle just two nights and was able to write a post. I even got paid! Coffee

I reread James' (jds74) info posted here and over there. He has been aiding me further via pm. It is has been most helpful. Still, it there is any one here who is using the Oracle successfully, I would love to hear any tips you might have.

I learned that I had been over tightening it before... I went with the loser mode this time, just like they say to use with the Anew and it worked...no leaks, mouth is not numb, numbers are good.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oracle users...input
Oh well...I will just have to keep plugging away. All starts out fine until the middle of the night when the pressure seems to go up. My jaw stays relaxed...so I use the cervical collar to hold it in place, but some how leaks start. Dont-know I have to reposition the Oracle part in my mouth. Then all is fine. Thinking-about

If I wasn't getting such positive benefits from the fact the sinuses are not involved and therefore not protesting...it would be easy to say 'Adios, Oracle.' My mind does not have that 'filled with cotton' feeling, my balance and concentration have improved immensely! This is after only several nights!! Come on, Barb, keep plugging forward. It will be worth it, tenfold.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yahoo!!!! Wrote my first post...mowed half the front yard (and it was high!!!) Then, got up last night and forgot to put that blasted plugs back in... Here are my SleepyHead results for Monday night!!! Yea, I did get down on my knees to say a prayer too...no mean feat for me!Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2015, 05:14 AM)Barbz Wrote: Yahoo!!!! Wrote my first post...mowed half the front yard (and it was high!!!) Then, got up last night and forgot to put that blasted plugs back in... Here are my SleepyHead results for Monday night!!!

Have you tried to learn to use it without plugs? There are some pointers in the Useful Links in my signature line at the bottom of this post.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2015, 05:55 AM)archangle Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 05:14 AM)Barbz Wrote: Yahoo!!!! Wrote my first post...mowed half the front yard (and it was high!!!) Then, got up last night and forgot to put that blasted plugs back in... Here are my SleepyHead results for Monday night!!!

Have you tried to learn to use it without plugs? There are some pointers in the Useful Links in my signature line at the bottom of this post.

I think I got it...instinctively, as I did not have any leaks. When I had used the mask years ago, I finally stopped using the plugs. Hope I reached that stage this time.

I had been communicating with JDS74 and followed his instructions, which I see he posted here too! Glad to know about your helpful links...will explore. Thanks

It feels so good to once again feel alive. Now to continue along this positive path. I have an extra incentive to make it happen.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Archangel... Loved the link to the YouTube video about how to avoid aerophagia. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought Oracle was a software application .... silly me.
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2015, 07:56 PM)foss Wrote: I thought Oracle was a software application .... silly me.

Yep!Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, it is possible to succeed with the Oracle. Grin

I cut liners from an old t-shirt that really help. Did try a chin strap one night, but found the SOFT adjustable (under chin) cervical collar from Walgreens to work better at keeping my jaw up. I do not want to go back to clenching my jaw as I did long ago.

I also found I can leave the two sections looser than I thought which is nice. At first I hung the hose over the arm of my lamp, but now it just lays on top of me...I sleep on my back, medically necessary.

My leak line rides just above the bottom in SleepyHeads. My AHI has stays under 3, often under 1. Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Ran an experiment last night and used the nasal plugs...DISASTER! I had 115 OA events, all very short durations. Also, been sleeping with my head raised about 45 degrees, thinking that would keep the pressure down. I realized last night that it also lets my sinuses drain continually all night.
***My AHI did not stay as low as mentioned in previous post, darn...

What I see ahead is finding something that will stop the mucus formation at night (have to be careful here as extra sensitive to meds since Chemo.) The 12 hr OTC cold meds are not good for long term use.

For daytime problems, Atrovet lasts maybe 3 hours, not the 4-6 as stated. During the day, Musinex is OK. I like the xClear natural nasal spray during the day as I can repeat as necessary. Next week I will try nasal irrigation again. Have to see how other changes work first...gets confusing. My aggravated sinuses did not take to irrigation very well before. Tried it off and on for many years.

1. Will be lowering head of bed to 15 degrees.
2. No nasal plugs!
3. Try Atrovent for good start.

My journey continues.Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,430 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Machine Increases Pressure Without Input JeffNC 7 405 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,186 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Help interpreting OSCAR data - any input appreciated da123Afd 4 432 12-24-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: da123Afd
  [CPAP] Breas Z2 users? acctingman 18 3,160 10-30-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: MontezumasViper
  Any Resmed AirSense 10 users near Bend OR? I’m traveling and need help. Mbranning 4 557 10-24-2023, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Mbranning
  [CPAP] Input needed eugyoo2 20 1,321 09-17-2023, 05:27 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.