Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oracle users...input
RE: Oracle users...input
(10-17-2015, 07:07 AM)Barbz Wrote: Ran an experiment last night and used the nasal plugs...DISASTER! I had 115 OA events, all very short durations. Also, been sleeping with my head raised about 45 degrees, thinking that would keep the pressure down. I realized last night that it also lets my sinuses drain continually all night.
***My AHI did not stay as low as mentioned in previous post, darn...

What I see ahead is finding something that will stop the mucus formation at night (have to be careful here as extra sensitive to meds since Chemo.) The 12 hr OTC cold meds are not good for long term use.

For daytime problems, Atrovet lasts maybe 3 hours, not the 4-6 as stated. During the day, Musinex is OK. I like the xClear natural nasal spray during the day as I can repeat as necessary. Next week I will try nasal irrigation again. Have to see how other changes work first...gets confusing. My aggravated sinuses did not take to irrigation very well before. Tried it off and on for many years.

1. Will be lowering head of bed to 15 degrees.
2. No nasal plugs!
3. Try Atrovent for good start.

My journey continues.Eat-popcorn

Barbz,

I have never done well with nasal rinsing no matter how many times I have tried. Sinuses feel great for 30 minutes and then I feel just as lousy as before and in fact, I think it causes more dryness. This is even after having a septoplasty.

It might just be you're also one of those for whom nasal rinsing doesn't work too well.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

49er

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2015, 07:13 AM)49er Wrote:
(10-17-2015, 07:07 AM)Barbz Wrote: Ran an experiment last night and used the nasal plugs...DISASTER! I had 115 OA events, all very short durations. Also, been sleeping with my head raised about 45 degrees, thinking that would keep the pressure down. I realized last night that it also lets my sinuses drain continually all night.
***My AHI did not stay as low as mentioned in previous post, darn...

What I see ahead is finding something that will stop the mucus formation at night (have to be careful here as extra sensitive to meds since Chemo.) The 12 hr OTC cold meds are not good for long term use.

For daytime problems, Atrovet lasts maybe 3 hours, not the 4-6 as stated. During the day, Musinex is OK. I like the xClear natural nasal spray during the day as I can repeat as necessary. Next week I will try nasal irrigation again. Have to see how other changes work first...gets confusing. My aggravated sinuses did not take to irrigation very well before. Tried it off and on for many years.

1. Will be lowering head of bed to 15 degrees.
2. No nasal plugs!
3. Try Atrovent for good start.

My journey continues.Eat-popcorn

Barbz,

I have never done well with nasal rinsing no matter how many times I have tried. Sinuses feel great for 30 minutes and then I feel just as lousy as before and in fact, I think it causes more dryness. This is even after having a septoplasty.

It might just be you're also one of those for whom nasal rinsing doesn't work too well.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

49er

Think I am one of those...have to dilute NeilMed with distilled water or it burns. That is how irritated my sinuses are.
Thanks for sending of luck...will need it. I will make it, but going to be an interesting journey. Discovered how much my attitude matters. That is why I failed before....bad attitude! Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck.

Some of the nasal sprays and irrigation products have some long term irrigation effects. They may take a while to wear off.

With Sinus Rinse, you can try varying the concentration. For some people, slightly higher concentration may be the answer, despite the sting.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2015, 03:32 PM)archangle Wrote: Good luck.

Some of the nasal sprays and irrigation products have some long term irrigation effects. They may take a while to wear off.

With Sinus Rinse, you can try varying the concentration. For some people, slightly higher concentration may be the answer, despite the sting.

Or adding xylitol -- i have been impressed with how much more comfortable that is
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,127 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Machine Increases Pressure Without Input JeffNC 7 397 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Help interpreting OSCAR data - any input appreciated da123Afd 4 432 12-24-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: da123Afd
  [CPAP] Breas Z2 users? acctingman 18 3,156 10-30-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: MontezumasViper
  Any Resmed AirSense 10 users near Bend OR? I’m traveling and need help. Mbranning 4 555 10-24-2023, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Mbranning
  [CPAP] Input needed eugyoo2 20 1,320 09-17-2023, 05:27 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.