Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Make your own covers for mask head cushions
Make your own covers for mask head cushions
My husband needs a CPAP machine and the latex head cushion on the top of the mask irritates his skin. So I have been making him covers and I thought I'd share in case it helps anyone else.

You'll need:
Sewing machine & thread
Buttonhole foot
Scissors
Soft material (I used flannel or terry cloth)
Button the size of the plugs
Paper & pen/ marker

See the tutorial with pics here:
craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430771.0
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Make your own covers for mask head cushions
Hi Opal_City,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Thanks for posting your how-tos on making cushion covers, very helpful.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Opal, links to "commercial" sites (online places that offer items for sale) are not allowed. However, the site you linked to has minimal sale items and the information you have is useful. I have moved your thread here to the Commercial Posts for now. Thank you for understanding.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just use strip of cotton material over the forehead support pad, yours looks better job
I,m copying your instructions and photos, someone might find useful

My husband needs a CPAP machine and the latex head piece irritates his skin. So I have been making him covers and I thought I'd share in case it helps anyone else.

You'll need:
Sewing machine & thread
Buttonhole foot
Scissors
Soft material (I used flannel or terry cloth)
Button the size of the plugs
Paper & pen/marker

[Image: 104078_12Jan14_image7.jpg]

All of these steps you'll do twice since there are two, I recommended doing both together

First I took off the head piece and traced it onto paper

[Image: 104078_12Jan14_image9.jpg]

Then I cut it in half, folded the fabric in half and pinned it to the fabric and cut about 1/2 inch around
[Image: 104078_12Jan14_image.jpg]

Unpin, unfold and line up with head piece. On one side mark in the center of the fabric where the plugs that snap into the mask. Make a line.

[Image: 104078_12Jan14_image2.jpg]

Put your sewing machine on the buttonhole setting, use the button that is a similar size to the plugs for the buttonhole foot and sew over your mark
[Image: 104078_12Jan14_image5.jpg]

Then fold the piece over and sew around the edges leaving the bottom open ( you can skip sewing around the top because you have a fold there.
[Image: 104078_12Jan14_image10.jpg]

Turn inside out and slide onto the headpiece with the buttonholes opening for the plugs
[Image: 104078_12Jan14_image6.jpg]

Your done, now it's time to snap the plugs into the mask and have a good sleep!

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.