Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oral Appliance Questionnaire
Oral Appliance Questionnaire
We are a senior design group at Georgia Tech looking at redesigning oral appliances used for sleep apnea. If you could take a couple of minutes and answer our quick questionnaire it would help us a lot.

1. What type of device do you currently use? Have you used any other type of device in the past?
2. For what reason did you choose this particular device? For example cost, comfort, noise, recommendation.
3. What complaints do you have about the device? What complaints does your partner have about the device?
4. How long have you used the device? Have you made any lifestyle changes since using the device that could affect your apnea?

Thank you so much for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oral Appliance Questionnaire
1. What type of device do you currently use? Oracle HC452 Oral CPAP Mask - Standard

2. Have you used any other type of device in the past? Full face, nasal pillow, Full face hybrid

3. For what reason did you choose this particular device? Took a chance that it would be less intrusive on face, which it is.

4. What complaints do you have about the device? Very uncomfortable after a few hours of use. Unable to swallow naturally or clear sinuses if needed.

5. What complaints does your partner have about the device? N/A

6. How long have you used the device? Only twice. Will not use it again.

7. Have you made any lifestyle changes since using the device that could affect your apnea? No

[/quote]

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SeniorDesign, welcome to Apnea Board.

Since this doesn't seem to be a post for actual discussion (it's a research poll), I've moved the thread to our Commercial Posts Forum for now.

I would advise you post your email address here in this thread and have patients respond to you that way, unless you intended this thread to be an actual back-and-forth discussion with our members.

I'm sending you an email to this effect. If in 5 days there's no email address added to this thread for replies, I'll go ahead and remove your post.

Thanks. Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the response! To hopefully make people feel more comfortable you are more than welcome to email us at makmatheny@gmail.com with your responses. Any input would be extremely helpful to our design process. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2013, 01:17 PM)SeniorDesign Wrote: We are a senior design group at Georgia Tech looking at redesigning oral appliances used for sleep apnea. If you could take a couple of minutes and answer our quick questionnaire it would help us a lot.

1. What type of device do you currently use? Have you used any other type of device in the past?
2. For what reason did you choose this particular device? For example cost, comfort, noise, recommendation.
3. What complaints do you have about the device? What complaints does your partner have about the device?
4. How long have you used the device? Have you made any lifestyle changes since using the device that could affect your apnea?

Thank you so much for your help!
I use the TAP3 and in combination with positional therapy things seem reasonably under control. I use it because me and CPAP did not get along and that wasn't looking better after even a few months. Neither I nor my partner have any complaints about the oral device. It was recommended and fitted by a very highly respected sleep dentist about 6 months ago.

Very close to an optimal weight so not much to be done there. No other changes except wearing a "bumper belt" to minimize back sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm looking into getting a modified version of the TwinBlock with crozats framework, which is geared toward minimizing TMJ impact (maybe more benefits, I'm not sure right now). I did use the Somnodent with the cpap for about a year, but decided I didn't want the bulk of it anymore.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.