Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar 1.2.0 Welcome Screen
Oscar 1.2.0 Welcome Screen
The new Oscar 1.2.0 welcome screen incorrectly shows my “Most recent oximetry data” as March 13, 2020. Is it ignoring all the oximetry data that was loaded from my machine’s SD card?

Also the statistics page shows the same date, is the oximetry data from my SD card being included in statistics?

- Clint
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar 1.2.0 Welcome Screen
Back in March 9, 2020, you stated that you were using a CMS-50F, but preferred to use the XPOD. Which one are you referring to in your post above?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t think the CMS50F can save data to the SD card. I use the XPOD. The Daily View appears to correctly display the data from the SD card, but the Welcome screen and the Statistics Page appear to be unaware of it. Does it matter to Oscar where the data is coming from for it to report statistics? I would expect it to be possible to switch back and forth between any supported oximetry devices and still get accurate statistics.

Thanks,
Clint
Post Reply Post Reply
You didn't list it in your profile, so I went back on your posts to see what you might be using. For me, you are the first person, that I've seen here, using an XPOD on a Dreamstation. To my (limited) knowledge, all the others, that I've seen posted here, were using Resmed devices. I always wondered why. I'm now wondering if the OSCAR development team has or had access to this type of data.

Thanks for the update.
Thanks
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please me know if they do. I think I sent an SD card image that had XPOD data, but I can’t say for sure.

Thanks,
Clint
Post Reply Post Reply
We do have sample data for the DreamStation oximetry, and I'm glad to hear that the daily view looks correct, which is the important part. I'm guessing that the welcome screen is reporting the most recent time an oximetry-only device was imported.

(For historical reasons, OSCAR characterizes any given machine by a single type, regardless of the kinds of data it can import. So since your DreamStation is a CPAP device, OSCAR doesn't think it's an oximetry device, even though it can provide oximetry.)

Thanks for the report!
Post Reply Post Reply
Bug report on Oscar [Oximeter]
Hi there,

First up, I would like to thank all whom made this software available. It's been a lifesaver, esp in a country with little authorized support and have to rely on the very limited ones provided by hospital to download data. That too, data is not pass to you. Only a very limited report.

That said, I do not know if this the correct forum, but I've no idea where to report bugs. [I'm no programmer]

I have been using the CMS50F oximeter these many months. Working beautifully with the software. Unfortunately my oximeter needed changing and I got myself the multi session CMS50I. When trying to load the sessions, OSCAR only recognizes the one session (first). Also OSCAR see the oximeter as CMS50F37. All other sessions cannot be uploaded.

I've also tried in parallel using SleepHead to do the same task. There the software correctly recognizes the oximeter and is able to load all sessions albeit having manually load one session at a time.

Like I said, I do know where to share to possible bug and thought I'll highlight the possible issues using CMS50I.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The oximetry import needs a lot of attention. For the time being, you can use Contec's PC software (in a VM if need be) to download your oximetry data, and OSCAR can import the resulting .SpO2 files.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks.

Much appreciate.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2020, 07:20 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: We do have sample data for the DreamStation oximetry, and I'm glad to hear that the daily view looks correct, which is the important part. I'm guessing that the welcome screen is reporting the most recent time an oximetry-only device was imported.

(For historical reasons, OSCAR characterizes any given machine by a single type, regardless of the kinds of data it can import. So since your DreamStation is a CPAP device, OSCAR doesn't think it's an oximetry device, even though it can provide oximetry.)

Thanks for the report!

Thanks. Does the Statistics Page show anything from the Dreamstation Oximeter? What about the Resmed?

Clint
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 365 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,597 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Screen scaling of data BlueSky1958 5 508 04-26-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Sudden, erroneous, invariant, on-screen (VAuto) reports of AHI 2SleepBetta 0 583 09-18-2022, 11:25 PM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  OSCAR Screen Format Windows 11 edfreeman 2 879 01-11-2022, 10:07 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  screen shot cberistain 2 562 10-28-2021, 01:10 PM
Last Post: cberistain
Exclaimation OSCAR Dual Screen Problem on Windows 10 VK3XEM 2 597 08-09-2021, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.