Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar 1.3.0 Pressure Min/Max
Oscar 1.3.0 Pressure Min/Max
So I just noticed that there's a new Pressure Min and Pressure Max in Oscar 1.3.0, which didn't exist in previous version.
Does anyone know what it means and why mine shows Zero for both?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar 1.3.0 Pressure Min/Max
The ResMed machines keep separate settings for each mode they support, so It looks like the wrong setting was chosen for ASV mode. What does it display just below the orange bar with your AHI? Is that correct?

I think it should display IPAP Min and Max for ASV mode, but there is some confusion internally between IPAP and Pressure, and they have separate fields internally.

Please make a zip of your SD card and upload it to Gideon's Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b
Also please tell my what your settings are, so that I can find the right fields in the STR.edf file.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
No problem with the previous version.
My settings are already displayed (and the same are displayed just above AHI). EPAP 4 PS Min 5 and PS Max 13 the only 3 parameters that you can set for Resmed Aircurve 10 in ASV Pap mode. 
There are no other Min/Max "Pressure" settings . 
The machine already calculates IPAP Max by adding EPAP and PS Max.(in this case 17)
That said, I note that my "Pressure" graph never drops below about 9.6 and of course flats out at just below 17 (about 16.8)
Maybe in this version of Oscar they wanted to display this "Pressure" min/max but there's a bug?
Post Reply Post Reply
I just updated to 1.3.0. currently using resmed asv in asv mode. my chart does not show min and max in the two top lines under machine settings like S.Manz's.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2021, 08:54 PM)sheepless Wrote: I just updated to 1.3.0. currently using resmed asv in asv mode.  my chart does not show min and max in the two top lines under machine settings like S.Manz's.

Plot thickens  Huhsign
Its actually weird. I updated mine a few days ago but today's chart (last night's sleep) is the only one that shows this min and max pressure thing.
Maybe yours will show up in a few days Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not picking up resetting of min pressure? WisNaeMe 6 535 01-17-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Overview Pressure Plot not showing real Max sopherFellow 15 2,240 09-09-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  OSCAR 1.5 Pressure Display Cuppa 3 648 09-05-2023, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Why does Oscar Display Pressure, EPAP IPAP on Dreamstation Bipap pressure Graph microvax 5 799 02-27-2023, 04:47 AM
Last Post: microvax
  Set CPAP to fixed pressure but OSCAR shows pressure decreasing all night... cpapnewbie18 2 725 01-12-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Oscar 1.3 "Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown." DrNefario 8 1,314 11-18-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Question on OSCAR Mask Pressure Readings LindanHotAir 3 928 10-25-2021, 09:42 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.