Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chest/Lung Restriction - Impact on CPAP use?
RE: Chest/Lung Restriction - Impact on CPAP use?
Wow. I didn't realize they could be that affordable!

My echo was clear. The doctor for the new sleep study ordered it in preparation for the 2nd night of the sleep study.

No COPD. I'm early 50s, not overweight.

The chest/lung concern is because I have Ankylosing Spondylitis. Totally under control now with Humira. I'm super lucky to have had it work so well, but I have some damage to my entire spine from when the disease process was uncontrolled. Some people don't notice it, but if they see me get in and out of a car it's very apparent how inflexible my spine is.

I can look at my last thoracic x-ray, but that would only tell part of the story. Basically, there's very little movement in my thoracic spine. There also may be some fusion in my rib cage. I'd say my ability to take in a deep breath is just slightly less than it was prior to the damage.

Does that seem like something to be concerned about with ASV? I have an appointment scheduled with a pulmonologist (I've never seen one) but it's not until early May. I was thinking the pulmonologist might be able to give me some metrics on my breathing
Post Reply Post Reply
My suggestion is to get a discontinued machine with all the capability of the current Aircurve 10 ASV and demonstrate efficacy out-of-pocket. This will save you 2-years of more tests, titrations and doctor's visits and provide quantifiable proof of efficacy. I don't see any health issues that preclude this, but I'm not your doctor, nor am I offering medical advice. Spinal stenosis, fusion, scoliosis, or similar conditions do not contradict ASV. The only warning I am aware of related to left ventricular ejection fraction less than 45%, and that is doubtful based on newer research. You want to solve central apnea events? Get the VPAP Adapt, then once you have your data together, show it to your doctor.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
TY!

I'm going to pull the trigger on that RESMED S9 VPAP Adapt BIPAP #36007 Bi-level PAP Listing: #4270242  right now.

Will report back when I have it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking forward to seeing the next miracle. Be aware S9 machines do not like system files on the SD card from Windows and Mac machines. You need to lock the SD card before putting it in your computer to upload data, and remember to unlock the card when putting it back in the S9. There are some simple system settings work-arounds for this for Windows that Crimson Nape came up with. Once we need to cross that bridge, we can go look it up.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's just put this here as a benchmark and I can't wait for your first chart from the VPAP Adapt. This is going to be amazing.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=35170]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Got it, Sleeprider. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Impact of Resmed P10 on Nostrils ivan007 1 74 03-26-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Lung Cancer and my ResMed AirCurve 10 ApneaGirl 2 273 01-30-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: ApneaGirl
  Not new to CPAP, minus one lung Tyler NZ 4 386 01-20-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Tyler NZ
  CPAP Problems for People with Large Lung Capacity? AquaMan 7 998 09-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [Symptoms] Back/Chest pain, need advice anthonyfg 3 452 09-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: anthonyfg
  Chest Pains. Set pressure? Dolla Bill 13 1,068 08-28-2023, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Dolla Bill
  ongoing chest pain msherman1000 3 513 08-23-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.