Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar 1.3 Two Issues to Solve
Oscar 1.3 Two Issues to Solve
Please provide guidance on solving these two issues with the latest Oscar software update.

1- When importing sessions, I always receive an error message "Sorry your Philips Respironics DreamStation 2 is not supported yet."  I had a Dream Station 2, but have not used it for 6 months. I  only use my Resmed AirSense AutoSet 10.  Oscar then imports the Resmed correctly after I accept the error message and after another alert pops up on the screen stating "import problem." Is there a way to stop this error from occurring each morning upon import? 

2- Why am I seeing Min Pressure as 0.00 sporadically? (See below this morning's report).  This never happened prior to the update. Please advise. 

Average Pressure 9.39
Min Pressure 0.00
Max Pressure 13.76
95% Pressure 11.24
Average EPAP 9.39
Min EPAP 0.00
Max EPAP 13.76
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar 1.3 Two Issues to Solve
Since the DS2 and Resmed are totally different CPAPs, did you create a profile for each one? Did you use a different SD card for each, or did you reformat it prior to inserting into the different models?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2021, 07:20 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Since the DS2 and Resmed are totally different CPAPs, did you create a profile for each one?  Did you use a different SD card for each, or did you reformat it prior to inserting into the different models?
No, I did not reformat. I may have placed the SD card in the DS2 one time and it picked up the formatting.  I now have 6 months of ResMed data on the SD card.  What is your recommendation?  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed uses the following folders and files on the SD card:
  • Folders
    • DATALOG
    • SETTINGS
  • Files
    • Identification.crc
    • Identification.tgt
    • Journal.dat
    • STR.edf

Try deleting any file or folder that is not listed above.  I would then create a new profile that is detected to the Resmed only.   Import your cleaned up SD card to it.

For future reference; All CPAPs supply constant positive airway pressure. After that, what data that is collected and how it is reported, should be considered as the "Wild West". Each new model brings more changes to this. It is always safer to create a new profile when upgrading or using a different CPAP.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also rename PROP.BIN to PROP.BAK if you want to stop OSCAR from detecting the no-longer-used DS2.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the excellent detail, Crimson. I will follow your suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
I still don't understand the fact that minimum pressure occasionally shows as zero.  Why is this happening?  Is it a software glitch? See screenshot.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar 1.3 Continuing Issues for Review
Please reply to the fact that minimum pressure is showing zero randomly, and sometimes appears to change the historical data (after it previously showed correctly) to zero. Today it randomly showed minimum my minimum pressure at 6.9, instead of the 8.6 number that actually is the minimum pressure (and the bar chart and Pressure Graph shows zero usage at the 6.9 for an extended time frame.  This never happened on the old version of Oscar.  Please advise.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed CPAP machines do not start reporting non-zero pressure values immediately. In the past, OSCAR had just ignored the first 40 seconds of pressure data to avoid this problem. In OSCAR 1.3.0, skipping the first 40 seconds was removed. This is hopefully fixed for the next release by ignoring only the first 5 seconds of data. That seems to be enough to avoid these false zero minimums.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Guy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 86 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 676 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,597 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  1.5.0 New Search Functonality Causes UI Issues Gralli 14 643 09-06-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Gralli
Information Lookee oximeter import/sync issues, wiki update suggestions Uphold9887 9 759 05-02-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Date Range Field - Usability issues TubularRush 0 436 04-30-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: TubularRush
  Philips replacement - SD card issues - REMStar Auto 60 series to Dream Station 1 JshMD 2 952 04-05-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Aces

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.