Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar/Air report questions
RE: Oscar/Air report questions
Thanks jaswilliams.  I sent a copy of my Oscar report to my sleep doctor and he thought they were treatment emergent centrals.  However, if not, he said he would prescribe an ASV.  As bonjour pointed out, there were a lot of pre-treatment centrals in my sleep study so I think the odds are high that ASV my be in my future.  However, I don't see the sleep doctor for a month so I should know better by then.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is not much you can do about them with machine settings other than turn off EPR and maybe fixed pressure but your AHI is considered untreated. One problem with CA’s iathat they are consistently inconsistent so averages can show the numbers as treated ie less than 5 but if last night is typical then I would expect your number to continue at this level
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if it's possible, but I would consider seeing doc sooner if scheduling permits. The sooner you get ASV the better.

PS take notes now on complaints and "how you feel"...adds weight to ASV need
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2020, 01:19 PM)raylock1 Wrote: This would seem to be central apneas.  I am not sure whether the flow rate shows flattening or not.  Seems to be the same all along.

Hi raylock1.  Before you post your next screenshot, could you fiddle a little per Bonjour's suggestion:

"Detail in the flow rate chart helps, set your y axis to +/- 70 and add a zero dotted line, the separator between inhale and exhale.  Seeing your pressure may be of some help."

To make the changes to the flow rate graph, start by right-clicking on the area to the left of the graph, where the label is.  Go to Y-axis, override, 70 max, 70 min.  Then go to Dotted Lines and check the box for zero.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks for the replys and information. 
Here are two screen shots from last night (hope the suggested settings will make them more readable).  Last night I had 0 OA's but several centrals. The first screenshot is a closeup of some apneas and the second is some hypopneas.  I assume they look like centrals.  If you agree they look like centrals, I will send a copy to my doctor to see if we can get the process moving.  I have only been using the CPAP for two weeks so he may want more time on that.  Thanks for the help. ( Sorry, I don't know why the two attachments are separated)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
All the events look like periodic breathing it’s likely the sleep doc won’t want to see your data until you have been using the machine a month but you could try and get in contact
Post Reply Post Reply
IMHO these look like mostly Treatment-Emergent Central Apnea. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...tral_Apnea
It is likely that they will mostly go away in 2-3 months.

These are caused by your machine increasing the efficiency of your breathing and increasing your oxygen uptake and more importantly, washing out your CO2 until your CO2 Blood level is oscillating to just below your apneic threshold resulting in a Central Apnea.

Read the Wiki article. The common approach to this is to take the 2-3 months and see if the Centrals go away. The theory is that the body will adjust to this new norm of having less CO2 in your blood and adjust in that time frame. This is the approach your doctor is likely to take.
Post Reply Post Reply
hints of periodic limb movement in there. something to watch for. check the details of your sleep study, if you haven't already, to see if plm was noted. bed partner reports, audio & video recordings are about the only ways to check for plm, unless you can figure out how to use your phone's accelerometer. can't remember who, but someone posted a thread about that a some time ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2020, 05:41 PM)bonjour Wrote: IMHO these look like mostly Treatment-Emergent Central Apnea.  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...tral_Apnea
It is likely that they will mostly go away in 2-3 months.  

These are caused by your machine increasing the efficiency of your breathing and increasing your oxygen uptake and more importantly, washing out your CO2 until your CO2 Blood level is oscillating to just below your apneic threshold resulting in a Central Apnea.  

Read the Wiki article.  The common approach to this is to take the 2-3 months and see if the Centrals go away. The theory is that the body will adjust to this new norm of having less CO2 in your blood and adjust in that time frame.  This is the approach your doctor is likely to take.

In Rays other thread you concluded they were not treatment emergent as they were unaffected by epr and there were CA’s in his pre treatment PSG not that I can find that at the moment to confirm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, about 65% of the apneas in the sleep study were centrals
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 173 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 267 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 176 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.