Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air in my stomach
RE: Air in my stomach
(11-24-2022, 12:11 AM)Old Bert Wrote: Ok I will set it for 9-11...

I didn't say 9-11...
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quite right I’m asleep at the wheel!  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been doing just what you are seeking.  My source has been apnea forums like this one.  I started a thread concerning aerophagia on a DME-owned forum and here.  Between the two I have learned to set my AirSense 10 and keep adjusting it to get therapy with the least amount of pressures.  After two months I'm seeing improvement over my past setting of Min 12 Max 20.  Now my Max is less than the Min was.

The method I've used is to experiment with various pressures and see how well those pressures give therapy to my apnea by OSCAR reports.  OSCAR is available free on the internet at sleepfiles.com .  On the AirSense 10, pressing the Home button and the selector knob together brings up the clinical settings menu where you can adjust pressure settings.  I brought mine way down then increased them.

I found along the way that the distance from Min. to Max may be best not set to a wide range.  

I have several changing factors that can cause a good or not good night of sleep besides the lack of cpap therapy.  And, some nights my current Min 8 and Max 11.6 do not keep the AHI <5, but at times these settings seem the best.  For me there is no best setting since the higher pressure I need at times will give me aerophagia.

I am now experimenting with an oximeter also to get a report on how well oxygen is staying in my blood during sleep.  I used the Lookee O2 Ring.

There are kind people here and at other forum/community sites who have lots of knowledge concerning cpaps.  They like to see images from OSCAR reports or get links to SleepHQ.com reports in order to give advice.

There are YouTube videos available too that give advice on how and when to adjust pressure settings.  Open YouTube and use search terms to find them.  Cpap pressure settings, how to adjust cpap pressure, are some examples.

Many times searching for what you seek will be answered with, "See your sleep therapist or doctor for pressure settings."  That is not possible for some of us so having these forums is a great thing.

What I write here is only my opinions from what I personally experience with CPAP therapy, not professional, nor prescriptive instructions.
Post Reply Post Reply
With the Vauto, settings will be different from the Philips Auto CPAP due to using pressure support (PS). If you used your Autoset starting at pressure of 9.0 with EPR 3, the equivalent is an EPAP min of 6.0 with PS 3. So far, we don't have any useful information to guide you on setting up the Vauto. We really need to see what is effective and your aerophagia threshold. Based on past posts here with the Philips CPAP, I recommend EPAP min 6.0, PS 4.0 and Max pressure at 13.0. This will result in a pressure range of 10/6 to 13/9 (IPAP/EPAP). Try it and provide feedback on comfort and post a chart if possible.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank for the suggestions everyone. 

@sleeprider I will do what you have said thank you.

Oldbert
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stomach Sleeper Mask Options LikeaGlove90 13 1,257 12-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Leaks and mask displacement for side-to-stomach sleepers. Tape down nasal pillows? Bostonsnow 0 684 08-13-2023, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Bostonsnow
  AHI/Apnea worst when sleeping on stomach chris94546 2 607 07-29-2023, 10:15 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Lots of mask leak and severe bloating / stomach pain upon waking. What can I do? exchanged 6 791 05-02-2023, 07:38 PM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Does sleeping on your stomach prevent Apnea? WWu777 7 1,785 08-17-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: theredheadsaid
  Air pushed into stomach Jimboiii 1 611 07-03-2022, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Severe stomach pain after changing CPAP settings Jacob130 1 695 04-05-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.