Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Debug Log Warning
RE: Oscar Debug Log Warning
Quote:For GuyScharf, latest info

Not going well with error messages.

This morning, OSCAR would not export Excel CSV Data.

The steps I have taken are:
  1. Remove OSCAR from laptop with Windows app 
  2. Rename folder where Oscar's Data was saved
  3. Reinstalled latest version of OSCAR
  4. Start OSCAR a few times after setting it up

The included zip shows all the messages I got from OSCAR.
The files names say from where I got them.

I am now running a deep scan with Avast to check if my laptop is infected with something.

At this moment I have OSCAR running and can see my results from the start of my treatment. This is good.
It is annoying to have to manually set the Export Data.  
I would have to reset my structure and see if OSCAR will still have those messages.

Any suggestions ????

I have renamed the data folder to "OSCAR_Data". No change with messages !!!!

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2022, 08:12 AM)DanEm Wrote: I have renamed the data folder to "OSCAR_Data". No change with messages !!!!

I would not expect that to fix the problem. All the files you sent me were from before you changed the data folder name, right?

Are you running any kind of anti-malware/anti-virus program? It may think OSCAR is an unknown program and blocking access. Try turning the protection off and see if OSCAR runs ok. If it does, add OSCAR to the list of "trusted" programs for your anti-virus program.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:GuyScharf:  Are you running any kind of anti-malware/anti-virus program? 
Yes, AVAST free version

Quote:DanEm: I am now running a deep scan with Avast to check if my laptop is infected with something.
No threats were found by the scan.

Quote:GuyScharf: It may think OSCAR is an unknown program and blocking access.
It would have been the case before I started getting the messages because I have used AVAST since before using OSCAR.

I redid all operations just now.
Files are in "Files.zip"

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
The logs.zip file contains older data as the messages in it do not refer to OSCAR_Data but rather to your previous location as OSCAR\Data.

Delete the OSCAR_Data\logs directory before your next test.

Try turning off Avast and see if that helps. Anti-virus programs usually update automatically, and you may have been caught by one of those updates.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Microsoft wants any program provider to pay them for the privilege of running on their system. In order to achieve this, they will modify security permissions for unknown (non-paying) programs. This usually occurs during a system update. That is why I asked you about this earlier.

Look at the security settings for both the OSCAR.exe and the folder where you are storing your data. The OSCAR.exe should have the USERS parameter set to Full control. The folder storing the data should have the Everyone set to Full control. The Security tab, listing these permissions, is in the Properties section.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2022, 11:56 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Microsoft wants any program provider to pay them for the privilege of running on their system.  In order to achieve this, they will modify security permissions for unknown (non-paying) programs.  This usually occurs during a system update.  That is why I asked you about this earlier.

Look at the security settings for both the OSCAR.exe and the folder where you are storing your data.  The OSCAR.exe should have the USERS parameter set to Full control.  The folder storing the data should have the Everyone set to Full control.  The Security tab, listing these permissions, is in the Properties section.

My stuff (including OSCAR related files & folders) is set with full permission/control to myself.
As I mentioned earlier, I control when updates (Microsoft & others) are made on my laptop.
Last update was on July 5, 2022, nothing done since.

Quote:To GuyScharf: problem solved :-)

There are now no more messages from OSCAR.

I added a complete new file structure for OSCAR.
At first start of OSCAR I got an info message that I should have kept.  Looked like a first time installation message.  Sorry for that omission.

But, after a few OSCAR restart, and using the app, I did not get messages.

One thing that might tell you what happened is that the size of fonts is change to a bigger size.  That is about all I can see for now.

If you would like to get more info about what I did and/or anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you Crimson Nape and GuyScharf for your much appreciated patience.

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Debug Log Warning *** NEED MORE HELP ***
Back with the same problem :-(

I did something in OSCAR that jammed the app (I don't know what).
I had to reinstall OSCAR.
The same behaviour returned.
I uninstalled OSCAR (again) and thoroughly cleaned the files and the registry for leftovers.
I reinstalled OSCAR and made the changes for bigger fonts in the statistics view.
Rebooted the laptop.

I have let OSCAR create the OSCAR_Data folder.

At start of OSCAR get Message 01
Click OK to continue

Successfully imported sleep data

Tried to export data with CSV Export Wizard
Got Message 02
Clicked YES
Got same message again
Can't get OSCAR to export to its own created folder?

I checked the security for the OSCAR_Data folder. 
See "Folder OSCAR_Data.png."

Changed destination folder to C:\Users\psode\_Temp
Data exported to that last folder

Don't know what I could do next?

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
I added here the debug pane for my previous post

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
Try creating a new user on your PC and see if it allows access or does the same thing in OSCAR. You will probably need to create a new profile in OSCAR too.

Some people have reported a lockout of ResScan and a new PC user profile allows access. One of those, "Go Figure" moments.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That did it !!!!

But it is a pain, a new user resets all my settings.
I guess it is worth it since now I can run OSCAR with no messages.  FOR NOW  Thanks

Got some work cut out to reset everything on my laptop.

Thank you Crimson Nape

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ViHealth app warning! Cuppa 4 2,249 12-21-2022, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  error building OSCAR from source: unknown warning option timpani 20 2,085 03-11-2022, 12:50 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Build errors while trying to debug OSCAR in Qt on Windows 10 [resolved, see Post #19] Scarmen 25 3,260 04-24-2020, 01:00 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  Oscar Debug Report Greg Schultz 2 802 07-11-2019, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Greg Schultz
  please explain debug list Inspired 1 1,139 02-28-2016, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Sleep Master warning box. car54 2 1,681 09-19-2015, 03:03 PM
Last Post: car54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.