Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Delete Days?
Oscar Delete Days?
Will keep this a brief as possible,

Got a new (used) to me machine (think Phillips recall). New/used machine is a ResMed AirSense10 if that makes a difference. 

I have a couple of months of the previous owners data that predates my data by 5-6 months that I would like to remove/delete. 

I was able to delete the data in Oscar, one day a time. 

But when I go to import new data in brings in the old Owners data as well again. 

Any pointers? 

Thanks in advance, 

DB
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Delete Days?
Within the clinician menu, there is a restore to factory defaults option. Select that, Also, reformat the SD card to remove any prior history on it. It should now be clean as a whistle and good to go.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Get a new blank card and put it in your machine. It will record all ongoing sleep sessions.  There should be an option to totally reset the data on your machine. Before doing that be sure to record all of your clinical settings.  If you have your original card in the machine it will clear all of the previous user’s data as well as your data to date.  If you start with a new card it will record only your new data and you should not need to re-enter your clinical settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all, I will give it whirl.

Setting back to factory will give me some practice of becoming more familiar with the machineSmile

I'm a little surprised the DME did not remove the data, but no biggie, will work thru it.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you mount the SD card on your computer, you will see a directory structure that consists of 3 files (Identification.crc, Identification.tgt, STR.edf) and two folders (SETTINGS and DATALOG). Inside the DATALOG folder there are a series of folders with names that are dates -- that's the detailed data for each night, and includes the previous owner plus what you have recorded.

Copy the folders that are your data over to your computer. (If you are paranoid and have plenty of disk space on your computer, I would just copy the whole card, but that's me :-) )

Now erase the card using your computer.

Put the card into the cpap machine -- It will format the drive and write the directory structure, and the SETTINGS and STR.edf will be your settings. It will write an empty directory with today's date into the DATALOG file, and then it will record tonight's data into that folder. This is what's happening when the machine puts up on the display that it is preparing the card, and don't unplug the card (from the machine) or the machine (from the power) while it is doing its thing. Takes maybe 30 seconds.

Put the card back into your computer, and drag your saved folders into the card's DATALOG folder. Put the card back into your machine.

You now have a card in your machine that has all of your data on it, and none of the previous guy's data, and is ready to record tonight's sleep.

This is also the instructions for what to do if your card fails, you replace the card, and you want all of your data on the new card.

I keep a copy of the card on my computer, and copy the DATALOG folders into my computer DATALOG directory, and copy over a new SETTINGS directory and STR.edf file every day (the Identification.crc & Identification.tgt files don't change after the initial write.) Since I use TimeMachine on my mac, I have incremental backups of the card as I've built it over time, which you can get too depending upon your backup methods. I actually load OSCAR from my backup rather than the SD card, to confirm that my backup is done right.

If you want to take your card to a DME or sleep doctor, then you can make a backup on a new card using this process: Stick the new card in the machine and have the machine format it. Stick the new card into your computer and open the card's DATALOG directory and drag all of the folders from your computer's backup DATALOG directory on to the card. Voila! a backup card to take/send somewhere and your original never leaves your house! (Note that you want the CPAP machine to write everything except the subfolders in your DATALOG directory first or the ResMed software will refuse to read the card -- the ResMed machines are using the two Identification files to create some sort of unique key between the card and the machine and their software will balk at the process if you try to give it a card where you copied the Identification files from your computer.)

Edited to note that you can do this with a brand new card, and just put the old card in a drawer. Or erase it and use it to take data somewhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks cathyf for the detailed write up, that seems easy enough, will try your method first.

I thank everyone for the different procedures, its good to have options.

I do think it would be good to write down all the current settings, will do that too.

DB
Post Reply Post Reply
I think there's also a setting within the preferences to allow you to say don't import data from before a given date. I honestly have tested if that works, but it's also an option too if it does.
Post Reply Post Reply
Caution with the 'don't import before' feature in OSCAR 1.2 or earlier - it will delete all data from before that date once you restart the app. This is addressed in the next version.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ooh good to know. Thanks for the update Kappa.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question Possible to delete a night of data & should I Plmnb 1 131 03-10-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Löwenstein Prisma Soft - missing days bstabens 6 733 11-26-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: bstabens
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 10 2,431 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How to delete CPAP data in OSCAR before sleep and after waking? Apnealicious 30 4,496 09-29-2023, 07:12 PM
  OSCAR: Print multiple days edgreenberg 0 545 08-11-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: edgreenberg
  No OSCAR Data Recorded to SD Card for Two Days upsman 4 802 07-01-2023, 03:12 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.