Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar [Do I need a "chip" to connect to Oscar?]
Oscar [Do I need a "chip" to connect to Oscar?]
Do I need a chip to link up w oscar? Have an aircurve st. Having 3x as many episodes as I was diagnosed with and not getting much feedback from dr
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar
Yes, you should have an SD card in your machine. If not, you will need to buy one. They are fairly inexpensive.

Download OSCAR, then follow the links in my signature line for organization of your screenshot and how to use the attachment feature to post data.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar
You need an SD card which slides into a slot under a door at the end of the machine. It must be no larger than 32GB. 8GB is a good size. As you probably know, you also need to download OSCAR to your PC. https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/. It's free.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar [Do I need a "chip" to connect to Oscar?]
When you put the sad card in your pc, does it automatically download to OSCAR?
Post Reply Post Reply
No.  After starting OSCAR, you would select the "CPAP Importer" option.  You will then be prompted to select the data source.  This is when you can select the SD card that you have previously inserted into your PC's card reader.   Another option is to copy the complete contents of your SD card to a dedicated directory.  That way if the card ever goes bad, you still have all its data backed up.  You then can point OSCAR to the directory for the data import as well.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much
Post Reply Post Reply
Try taking a look here before you start the process:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...stallation

I didn't and I wish I had -- it would have been a lot easier!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what chip do I install for Oscar? mrpat 2 120 9 hours ago
Last Post: Navarachi
  OSCAR: OSCAR v1.5.2 is Available Crimson Nape 10 1,137 11 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 73 1,663 Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 400 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.