Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Dummy - Help me get started using Oscar
Oscar Dummy - Help me get started using Oscar
I want to start utilizing Oscar to see why I still feel like a walking zombie during the day. I was diagnosed a few months ago with moderate sleep apnea (AHI of 24) and have been using a Resmed 10 to treat it for approx. 5 weeks, but am still super sleepy during the day. I have kept lowering my max pressure until my AHI started to rise. Now at max pressure of 7.3 and last night had an AHI of .8 (not 8, but .8). OK, I am quite stupid when it comes to technology. I bought my machine used, with an SD card already in it. If I shove it all the way in, will it record thru the night? Do I need to first erase the card first? Will it overwrite what is already on the card? When I download Oscar onto my computer, does it have a way to search for files to upload into the program?. A thorough review of how to use the program would be greatly appreciated. Tired of being tired (half the day I stare into space, as I am so tired I feel like I have been anesthetized).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Dummy - Help me get started using Oscar
Welcome, this is a great site with great people that are willing and want to help..  This is the link to OSCAR, please read and then you can ask anything you don't understand.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_Help
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Chris, you need to erase the existing user-data from the machine and from the SD card. To do that you need to access the clinical settings menu in the Airsense 10. We could give you the steps to do this, but instead, go to the CPAP Setup Manuals link at the top of this page and follow the instructions to request a clinical setup manual for your machine. You will need to be able to read the SD card in a computer, so if you already have a SD card slot, just put the existing card in and delete any files and folders. When you put it back in your machine, cleaned of any prior user data, it will properly format and record data. Is your machine an Autoset? You might want to add that to your profile.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your computer doesn't have a built-in SD card reader, you can buy one to plug into a USB port. They're cheap. Before you download Oscar, take a look at the data installation and migration guide. I didn't, and I wished I had.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2021, 12:21 PM)Dormeo Wrote: If your computer doesn't have a built-in SD card reader, you can buy one to plug into a USB port.  

Can you recommend one for a windows 10 PC?
Post Reply Post Reply
Any SD card 32GB or less will work.
Post Reply Post Reply
@btreger

Any SD card reader should work with Win10. I have a Ugreen multi card reader with a USB cable on it. Have a look on amazon.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am also new to Oscar. Maybe someone can help me with an Oscar problem. I created a profile and my SD card data is imported, okay. I  can select either Daily view or Over View for instance and it displays what appears to be valid information. If I try to switch from Daily View to Over View (or vice versa) it crashes. Below are a couple of crash reports. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: OSCAR.exe
  Application Version: 1.3.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 616a4e66
  Fault Module Name: ig7icd64.dll
  Fault Module Version: 10.18.10.3408
  Fault Module Timestamp: 52d82da8
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 0000000000209552
  OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 59c6
  Additional Information 2: 59c665219f9f656c417ca96a8d87bc79
  Additional Information 3: 2e48
  Additional Information 4: 2e48a6740023a04c261e3fef01371431

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: OSCAR.exe
  Application Version: 1.3.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 616a4e66
  Fault Module Name: ig7icd64.dll
  Fault Module Version: 10.18.10.3408
  Fault Module Timestamp: 52d82da8
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 0000000000209552
  OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 59c6
  Additional Information 2: 59c665219f9f656c417ca96a8d87bc79
  Additional Information 3: 2e48
  Additional Information 4: 2e48a6740023a04c261e3fef01371431
Post Reply Post Reply
Please start OSCAR, then Help > Troubleshooting > Create ZIP of OSCAR diagnostic logs. Upload the zip file to my Dropbox folder. Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who the file is from. I think the logs will enable us to diagnose your problem.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, what you uploaded was the shortcut to the diagnostic log zip file, not the file itself. Please try again but be sure to upload the zip file and not a shortcut to the file.

Before you do that, one possibility is the problem is in the graphics software engine. Try this to see if that is the problem:

Start OSCAR. Select File > Preferences > General. The setting at the upper left of the Preferences dialog General page allows you to select the graphics engine. If the selection is set to the software engine, change the selection to "Desktop OpenGL". Click on OK to save the preferences, stop and restart OSCAR.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 135 1 hour ago
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR Device Support xxxxqwe 9 119 11 hours ago
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 46 Yesterday, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 39 Yesterday, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 76 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 50 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,257 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.