Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR and 02 ring for shift workers
OSCAR and 02 ring for shift workers
Hi. 

Say if I go to sleep at 9am and then wake up after 12 noon, the 02 ring data (both pulse and spo2) does not appear for any of the afternoon hours on my setup. 

I use Oscar 1.3 for MacOS.Monterey 12.01

I use ViHealth for Android (tried both the special version V2.630602 and the latest version.) and upload files from that to my macbook. I do not think it is the data itself.

This worked before with the earlier version of OSCAR.

Anybody have the same issue as me?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR and 02 ring for shift workers
Are the dates and times between your computer and Ring synced up?

Have you tried changing the time/date in the oxi file to match what OSCAR says is your start time?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In order to help with your problem, I need more detail as to the method you employ to address sleeping through a CPAP day change. Are you setting your CPAP's clock back, or what?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jeff8356, yes they are synced up (at least within 7 seconds which is the best I can seem to get.) No I have not tried altering the filename yet. Thanks I will try this.

Hey Crimson Nape. I am not changing either my CPAP clock or Viatom device settings other than to make sure they are as close in sync as possible.

I am still investigating this. My last sleep sessions worked perfectly ok I believe because a) one finished at 8am in the morning (so before 12 noon) and b) one started after 12 noon (at 12.40pm in the afternoon.)

It is summer where I am at and I have adjusted for daylight saving.

What I will try to do is simulate a sleeping session or two to confirm my suspicion which is if I sleep through noon at any stage, OSCAR is confused because the CPAP considers sleeping after noon to be a new "nightly" sleep session. In the past the oximetry data was still there, now it seems to go missing.

I'll do some tests to confirm and then post back. I am still considering the possibility I am at fault here.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 903 03-29-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: StuartC
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,426 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Oscar Shows Incorrect Date for Imported from Wellue O2 Ring DanaH 8 541 02-01-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 10 2,549 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
  Syncing O2 Ring and CPAP clocks coldfeet7 16 2,002 09-27-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  How to set up O2 ring for 2nd user BlueSky1958 8 1,448 06-05-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Syncing Wellue Oxygen Ring with Resmed Machine SleeplessInPain 6 1,410 05-16-2023, 08:22 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.