Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Events Tab - Large Leak edition
Oscar Events Tab - Large Leak edition
In the attached report, I've expanded the Large Leaks in the Events Tab (left hand side of attachment).
Under Large leak #06 the time is noted (07:16:38) and then a number in parenthesis (in this example 1004),
is that the duration of the leak in seconds?  Or does it represents something else?

Assuming that it represents time (1004 sec = 16' 42" minutes), so OK. But the session ends at 07:24:09 ! 

That would suggest that the Large leak persisted almost 8 minutes beyond the end of the session. 

But wait, there's more. Even if the leak persisted all throughout the end of the session, why would there be 4 more large leaks reported after leak #06.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Events Tab - Large Leak edition
Just to confirm, this is from a DS1 machine?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry, it's from a Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset. (truth be told it's actually my wife's device and she was the patient)
Post Reply Post Reply
Could you make a zip of the SD card and upload it to my Dropbox folder? Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who the file is from.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Guy, I feel like such a fool..... You were correct, the attachments were from my DS1 machine. 
It's getting late so I'll send tomorrow, do you want the whole SD card or just the files for this session?
Thanks for your patience.
Post Reply Post Reply
The whole SD card, please. Help > Troubleshooting > Create zip of CPAP data card
Post Reply Post Reply
Done and on it's way to you. The example above is from Nov 28,

What I'm trying to do is be sure I understand the timing relationship between various elements. It has been pointed  to me that the "accuracy" of some events (OAs, CAs, Hs, etc) is degraded if that event occurs during a period of significant leakage.

But furthermore events that occur the immediately vicinity (time wise) to a large leak have to have special scrutiny to understand the cause of the leak (particularily if the leak occurs at relatively low mask pressure).
Post Reply Post Reply
You're on the right track, large leak does reduce efficacy and accuracy of event flags. DreamStations do indeed report large leak themselves, it's not OSCAR-calculated. And the number in parentheses should be their duration in seconds.

But I have seen the machines report duplicate/overlapping PB and RE events before, so they may do the same with LL. I've double-checked sessions showing such behavior with PB at least and confirmed that even official reports show the "wrong" stats, counting each of the duplicate PBs towards the total time in PB.

I'll be interested to look at your data and see what's going on. Thanks for bringing it up!
Post Reply Post Reply
@sawinglogz - data is in DS_Cards.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2021, 11:50 PM)dataq1 Wrote: You were correct, the attachments were from my DS1 machine.

Are you sure? I'm not seeing large leaks flagged on November 28 in the DS1 sample you sent, and the screenshot you posted showed a "Unclassified Apnea" which would be from a Resmed. Sorry I didn't notice that until now!

(The only nearby large leaks I do see flagged are 2 on 11/27 and 1 on 11/30...)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First OSCAR Report - Leak Rate jfkaess 11 1,684 11-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Show RERA in Events Chart GeorgePa 3 773 06-09-2023, 05:41 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question OSCAR Oximetry Pulse Rate Events - In Excessive Amounts (?) DavidEsp 4 862 02-17-2023, 06:11 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
Question OSCAR Oximetry Preferences - Pulse Change Events - How Re-apply to Existing Data? DavidEsp 2 618 02-17-2023, 05:16 PM
  Leak Data Export herenthere 3 523 02-11-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: herenthere
Question Bookmarks (or hack) for User-Defined Events? DavidEsp 4 547 02-10-2023, 06:26 PM
  New Aircurve, Missing CA UF2 Events jcoleman 3 608 12-20-2022, 04:48 PM
Last Post: jcoleman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.