Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Has Stopped Working [resolved - see posts 58-59]
Oscar Has Stopped Working [resolved - see posts 58-59]
Hello: I am new to this forum. I have been on a CPAP Resmed Autosense 10 Autoset since early October of last year. I have used the Oscar sleep app to track my daily sleep numbers. Mainly I focus on AHI and its breakdown, leaks, and time in apnea events. The program had performed well up until April 12. Since then, when I put my SD card in my PC to perform the import, I get no results for anything beyond 4/11/20. I can see the folders for each day on the disk, and even tried a different disk to eliminate the possibility of a corrupt disk. I tried creating a new profile (and stupidly deleted my old one) and can see no results beyond 2/3/20. I then uninstalled Oscar, and reinstalled it. I re-entered all of my Profile info. I used a new disk last night, and inserted it into my PC after opening the Oscar app. My Profile had vanished. I see no folders/files for it within Win 10 File Explorer/Documents. Although the Oscar program is in Program Files. Consequently, I have been unable to monitor my sleep numbers for the last few days. I am thoroughly baffled by this. My PC is only 4 months old, and has the currently updated version of Win 10 installed. I wonder if there might be a setting in the OS that might be preventing Oscar from working as intended. Any helpful input from the forum would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you  Jawone
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Has Stopped Working
Can you test the SD-card that it is not damaged? So you see it's content on your computer file manager or such tool. Maybe the cpap machine does not recognize the card as defective. And puts data to card but data is corrupted. And then Oscar doesn't find any sleep data.

If the SD-card is damaged, you can buy new one from store. They costs only some dollars. When you put new SD-card to cpap-machine and it is not been power off, I think that it can some nights data to card. And your Oscar have older data in computers disk. So, nothing disappeared if you are lucky.
Post Reply Post Reply
Others will be able to help you with troubles importing more recent data, but if you deleted your old profile, your old data may be gone. Resmed CPAPs aggressively delete old data on the card, so OSCAR will backs it up into your profile.

How did you delete your profile? It may be that it keeps the backups, depending on how you did it. Or maybe you have a backup of your OSCAR_Data folder from before the deletion?
Post Reply Post Reply
I got just a idea : before inserting ths CD-Card, did you lock it ? [Like this,Windows can no write on it].
Maybe Windows has written something on the card, so the CPAP doesn't regonize it.

My behavior is :
- take the SD-card out the CPAP
- lock it
- copy the file into PC
- unlock the card
- put it back in the CPAP
- Import the data into OSCAR.

Like this, there is no direct link between OSCAR and the CPAP.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello and thanks for your responses. I deleted the Profile directly within the file folder. However, I discovered that the folder was backed up to another drive under Profiles>MyName. I attached the folder contents below. Is there a way that I can restore them to my Oscar profile? My biggest concern is that I want to be able to continue to use Oscar as always have. As I mentioned, I have used two different SD cards, so I truly do not believe that is the problem.  Jawone

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The original SD card and the second one are both unlocked.  When you say "Lock it" and copy into PC, are you backing the card up? I'm not sure that I understand what this process is intended to accomplish.  Thank you, Jawone
Post Reply Post Reply
What i meant is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58pdnjskvyw
--> The purpose is to hard lock any writing during transfering to the computer
Don't forget to unlock the SD-Card before inserting it to the CPAP.
On mine, CPAP show a error on the display if you have forgotten.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
Locking the card is not needed for the ResMed AirSense 10 machines,
Locking the card is needed for the S9 series machines
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2020, 02:43 PM)Jawone Wrote: Hello and thanks for your responses. I deleted the Profile directly within the file folder. However, I discovered that the folder was backed up to another drive under Profiles>MyName. I attached the folder contents below. Is there a way that I can restore them to my Oscar profile? My biggest concern is that I want to be able to continue to use Oscar as always have. As I mentioned, I have used two different SD cards, so I truly do not believe that is the problem.  Jawone

Yes, you should be able to import the Resmed_2... backup folder, I think?

(The Resmed backups aren't exactly like the original SD card, but I think they can be imported?)
Post Reply Post Reply
Bonjour: If you have been following my thread, you see that I cannot seem to use Oscar at all. I have tried various fixes, including uninstall/reinstall. From that point (after re-entering my Profile data) my SD card info does not go beyond (after) 2/3/20. After closing and reopening the app, no profile exists on the home page. At this point, I am no longer concerned with past data. I would simply like to use the Oscar app as though I had just begun with it and proceed from there. If you have some advice, I would be very happy to hear about any steps I could take to facilitate this. Many thanks, Jawone

When I create my Profile, where on my Win 10 file explorer should it be located?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 203 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Quit Working stillsleepy2 19 1,235 01-11-2024, 04:59 PM
Sad Upgrade check not working [fixed in OSCAR 1.5.1] clan 1 634 09-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar is dividing up time period [likely Auto On/Off function on CPAP, see posts 5&7] guiniviere 13 2,199 09-07-2023, 02:48 PM
  Oscar stopped recording fstbiker 1 630 06-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Question [split] Mac M1 stopped importing BestDreamYet 9 1,178 05-31-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: BestDreamYet
  unable to import data [resolved, see post #20] kappak 19 1,187 03-10-2023, 09:07 PM
Last Post: kappak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.