Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Has Stopped Working [resolved - see posts 58-59]
RE: Oscar Has Stopped Working
Documents\OSCAR_Data\Profiles
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape: Appreciate your help. I have scoured my C drive for a folder with this name but come up empty. The only Oscar folder/files is in Program Files, and there is preferences.xml and profile.xml on a backup drive. When I recreated my profile on the app, should it have generated the folder you allude to in my Docs? As I mentioned, the profile no longer appears within the app.
Post Reply Post Reply
Start OSCAR on your Windows computer.  Go to Help ⇾ About OSCAR and click on the right text, "Show data folder".  This will provide you the path to this directory.
Mine displays as:  C:\Users\my name\Documents\Oscar_Data_R1
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's eliminate your data as an issue
zip your SD card and send it in
A help for this is in OSCAR
Help/Troubleshooting/

Fred's DropBox Receive SD Cards

https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b
Post Reply Post Reply
When I click the link it opens to my documents and a "Profiles" folder is highlighted. However, the folder is empty.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go through the procedure I described above and where it displays the path in the Windows Explorer address box, right click on it and select, Copy Address. Then paste it in a post here.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Fred: I will need a little help with this. I "zipped" the SD Card but have no idea where to find the zipped folder. Once I do locate it, can you explain a bit further how I get it to your Dropbox location? Thank you, Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're running Windows 10 and not using a locked SD card, chances are good that Windows put the .zip on the SD card.

If you follow bonjour's link above it will ask for the file to upload. Point it to the zip, wherever it is on your computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fred: I figured out how to do this and got it uploaded to your Dropbox. At the same time, I found on one of my backup drives, a copy of my Oscar profile, which I copied and pasted to the empty folder in my docs. It now shows the profile on the app. I am going to use the different SD card tonight and see if it does import properly. I will report back to you tomorrow. Thank you for your help and patience! Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
and the file is in our SD_Cards folder
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 78 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Quit Working stillsleepy2 19 1,121 01-11-2024, 04:59 PM
Sad Upgrade check not working [fixed in OSCAR 1.5.1] clan 1 596 09-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar is dividing up time period [likely Auto On/Off function on CPAP, see posts 5&7] guiniviere 13 2,122 09-07-2023, 02:48 PM
  Oscar stopped recording fstbiker 1 603 06-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Question [split] Mac M1 stopped importing BestDreamYet 9 1,100 05-31-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: BestDreamYet
  unable to import data [resolved, see post #20] kappak 19 1,151 03-10-2023, 09:07 PM
Last Post: kappak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.