Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Has Stopped Working [resolved - see posts 58-59]
RE: Oscar Has Stopped Working
I am out of ideas on this one. I decided to install "Sleepyhead" and the install came off properly. It must have picked up data from my Oscar app. I imported the SD card that I used with Oscar, and most all of the data from the past few months came across. Last night I put the SD back into the CPAP, and retrieved it this AM and imported it. It shows the AHI etc but "only contains summary"  Please see screenshot. After closing and reopening "Sleepyhead" the imported data from 4/16 is gone. I re-imported it and it had the 4/16 report, so I took a screenshot. I closed the app again;reopened it and the 4/16 report was again, gone.
Then I uninstalled/reinstalled Oscar with the intent to migrate the Sleepyhead info to Oscar. When I open Oscar, I get this message, with no further options on how to setup or migrate to Oscar. See screenshot. Can anyone help me? Should I give up on Oscar and try to use Sleepyhead, even though SH is not retaining the most recent imports.

Thank you...Jeff

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Jawone. Where is you data directory it sounds as though Oscar and sleepyhead is having issues writing to the data directory. It might give us more clues if you open Oscar turn on the debug pane then attempt to do an import then share the contents of the debug pane in the Help => Troubleshooting menu
Post Reply Post Reply
Jas: I would be glad to try your fix except for the problem still exists that I cannot open the Oscar app. When I do, I get the error message that I posted in my last message. It doesn't matter if I try to open it from the desktop or from the Program Files>oscar.exe file. Is there another way to get in? Thanks, Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
Jas: I noticed in your stats that you use the ResScan app. I tried installing an older version of it (5.9) and could not get it to open. Can you tell me about your experience with it ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been reading your posts and it seems that maybe you have directed OSCAR to use the same folder that SleepyHead uses for data files.  That won't work; OSCAR and Sleepyhead must each have their own, separate data folder, and you cannot put the OSCAR folder inside the SleepyHead folder, or vice-versa.  I think we can fix this situation with these steps:

1. If you have not already done so, download and install the latest version of OSCAR - 1.1.0.
  2. Open a command window
  3. Navigate to where OSCAR is installed (probably C:\Program Files\OSCAR for 64-bit version)
  4. From the command line, type:  "oscar --datadir Oscar_Data", without the quotes, and press Enter.  (if you already have directory named OSCAR_Data, then use a different name like Oscar_Data_New or anything you like)  Note that "--datadir" has two hyphens in front of it.
  5. OSCAR should open and ask if you want OSCAR to set up the folder.  Just click "OK".
  6. Next OSCAR asks if you want to migrate SleepyHead Data.  Say "No" for now until we can be sure everything else is working right.
  7. OSCAR will open the Profile screen.  Click on New Profile and create a profile (only a name is required -- all other data is optional).
  8. Now you should be able to import data from your SD card into the new profile.
  9. Don't try to import SleepyHead data and don't copy any files between SleepyHead and OSCAR data folders.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Guy: Thank you for your post. I followed your instructions using the cmd app. I tried the entry 3 times, using both my user name and run as admin. The result is as posted on screenshot below. Thus, I am so far unable to get beyond the first step. I located the Oscar Program File and have posted a screenshot of the contents, but am unsure of what to look for here. Should I have this folder open while going through the cmd process? I am obviously missing a step somewhere, and need a little further help.
Thank you, Jeff

Post Reply Post Reply
No, it doesn't matter if the folder is open in Windows file manager/explorer or not.

Before typing the "oscar --datadir OSCAR_Data" command, type these two commands, pressing enter after each one:

Code:
c:
cd "\Program Files\OSCAR"

Then type the "oscar --datadir Oscar_Data" command.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I took all of the steps as you suggested, creating the folder where it was suggested. I set up a new profile, and imported the SD card. Only the very first day on the card (2/3) appeared, and with summary data only. I closed Oscar, reopened it it, and it began to prompt me to locate my profile again, and whether I wanted to migrate info from Sleepyhead. I stopped at this point. I also went to File Explorer to find the Oscar folder where it was supposed to have been located, and it is not there. I am totally baffled. This app previously worked with no hitches at all, and has become non-functional.  Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
I share your bafflement! Are you running in a secured environment that prevents an application from updating the registry?

Let's try this: repeat the process, including importing the SD card but not closing OSCAR. Now select Help/Troubleshooting/Show Debug page. Copy the entire contents of the debug pane (click on debug pane, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy to clipboard. Included that log in a reply to this post.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Guy: Thank you once again for sticking with me. To the best of my knowledge, I am not in a protected environment that would prevent an app from changing the registry. I will need to peruse my Win 10 settings to see if there is one checked that might be an issue. That being said, I went through the process and am attaching the "debug report" 
and a screenshot of Oscar after importing from the SD card. I am going to leave the app open for now, because I fear that it will revert to the original problem if I close it. If none of the fixes we are trying address the problem, is there a method to reinstalling Oscar from scratch as though I had never used it before?  Jeff

.docx   Oscar Debug.docx (Size: 67.58 KB / Downloads: 8)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 78 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Quit Working stillsleepy2 19 1,121 01-11-2024, 04:59 PM
Sad Upgrade check not working [fixed in OSCAR 1.5.1] clan 1 596 09-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar is dividing up time period [likely Auto On/Off function on CPAP, see posts 5&7] guiniviere 13 2,122 09-07-2023, 02:48 PM
  Oscar stopped recording fstbiker 1 603 06-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Question [split] Mac M1 stopped importing BestDreamYet 9 1,100 05-31-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: BestDreamYet
  unable to import data [resolved, see post #20] kappak 19 1,151 03-10-2023, 09:07 PM
Last Post: kappak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.