Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Has Stopped Working [resolved - see posts 58-59]
RE: Oscar Has Stopped Working
It seems that opening any of the files in your Oscar data directory OSCAR is getting error 5 which is normally a permissions issue in windows not a problem with OSCAR it’s self. Why and what has happened to your windows user and it’s permissions I don’t know. Will Oscar run and keep data if you right click the OSCAR icon on your desktop and select Run as Administrator
Post Reply Post Reply
Jas: When I select that option I get the same dialog box that asks if I want Oscar to set up a new data folder, and then going through the same process of creating a profile and importing the data from my sd card. This I have done now several times, and the app does not retain the folder or the info.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your log indicates that Windows won't let OSCAR write to your disk!  Then, of course, it can't read the files back later so there are even more errors. 

How large is your C: drive and how much free space is on it? Is the C: drive a hard drive or SSD?  What type of computer do you have?

Using Windows file manager, go tour C:/Users/jawon/Documents/OSCAR_Data/ directory and take a screen shot to show us what is in that directory, if anything and if it even exists.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Guy: See attached screen shot. I see no evidence of the folder even existing.  This is a new HP All In One desktop that was purchased this past December. The C drive shows 840GB of free space out of the allocated 1TB.  It is a hard drive with an up to date version of Win 10. As JasWilliams suggested in a recent post, could this be a permission issue and where would I go in settings to explore this? I have just queried the MS community for help but am not confident that I will receive an answer.
Many thanks! Jeff

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, this could be a permissions issue. When you installed OSCAR, were you logged on as the same user that you are now using (jawon)? Is user jawon an adminstrative user or a regular user?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Guy: Yes, jawon is the only user on this pc and it has admin privileges.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you Close OSCAR and then try going into your Documents folder right click and create a new folder called OSCAR_Data then try launching OSCAR see if you get the same effect
Post Reply Post Reply
Jas:Just prior to your post, I tried that, although I named the folder simply "OSCAR". I re-created my profile and imported the SD card. Again, it only retained the initial day of the card use and nothing else. I clicked within the app Help>About Oscar>Show Data Folder. Documents opened with the exact path but showed that the folder was empty. After closing/reopening the Oscar app, it does open but my profile is gone.

I am very tempted to uninstall Oscar and attempt to reinstall it from scratch, as though I had never had it on this PC before. Are there steps I can take to assure that no traces or records of the app remain before doing a totally fresh installation? Thanks again, Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason I suggested creating a folder called OSCAR_Data as that is the folder being referenced by your installation not OSCAR (In windows this location is stored in the registry)

Can you try using OSCAR_Data as I suggested

I will find the full Registry key which can be deleted and post back
Post Reply Post Reply
The registry key to hold the Oscar folder location is 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OSCAR_Team\OSCAR

If you open Regedit browse to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\

Right click on the OSCAR_Team in the tree in the left window and select delete

Next time you open it will open in first time installation mode.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 81 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Quit Working stillsleepy2 19 1,127 01-11-2024, 04:59 PM
Sad Upgrade check not working [fixed in OSCAR 1.5.1] clan 1 597 09-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar is dividing up time period [likely Auto On/Off function on CPAP, see posts 5&7] guiniviere 13 2,123 09-07-2023, 02:48 PM
  Oscar stopped recording fstbiker 1 604 06-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Question [split] Mac M1 stopped importing BestDreamYet 9 1,101 05-31-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: BestDreamYet
  unable to import data [resolved, see post #20] kappak 19 1,151 03-10-2023, 09:07 PM
Last Post: kappak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.