Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Has Stopped Working [resolved - see posts 58-59]
RE: Oscar Has Stopped Working
I followed your instructions for the OSCAR_Data folder, recreated profile and imported SD card with same results.  The folder path is correct but folder empty.

Thank you for the registry instructions. Following these steps, will I still need to uninstall/reinstall Oscar and treat the process as a brand new user? Do I do the registry steps before or after the uninstall? Also, should I delete any other folders/files that might still remain after I uninstall Oscar?

And, should I do anything with Sleepyhead or just leave it alone?

Thank you again, Jas, your help is MUCH appreciated. Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
Just delete the registry key no need to touch the application in the first instance and the relaunch Oscar ar it should prompt you to setup a data directory.

I am off to bed now it’s nearly midnight here
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!!! Sleep well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Post what happens when you reinstall. I'll be watching since it's still afternoon here.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again. I'm afraid to report that this process concluded with the same results. Import showed only 1 day from back in early February. On right sidebar, the only option that seems to respond to a click is the Import button. Nothing else. The "show Oscar folder location" link does not respond either. And after closing app and reopening, Oscar wants to (you guessed it) make a data folder location.   Huhsign   Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok well can we try open a cmd prompt then type

Chkdsk c: /f

It will say you need to reboot to allow the command to run this should hopefully repair any corruption on your computer hard disk.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jas....Ran the chkdsk operation. I didn't observe it but I know upon restart it was repairing something. I tried to search the logfiles to see if I could get an idea of what it found, but could not make heads or tails of what it was. So I deleted the registry key again and reopened Oscar. It prompted me for a new data folder. I thought I might try saying NO and doing it manually, but when I click on New>Folder within Documents, I get error message stating that it cannot be found. Please see posted screenshot. So I allowed it to create itself,rererecreated profile, and did SD card import. Same results as before. App will not let me access "Daily" or several of the other options. And of course after closing Oscar and reopening it, I get the prompt to create a data folder, etc etc etc. I think that at this point I will use Sleepyhead since it does at least give me summary data each day. I do take screenshots of the daily screen, because Sleepyhead will not retain anything beyond last Wednesday 4/15, once I close it.

Thank you again for all of your kind help!  Jeff

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Could you try creating a folder in the root of your C drive c:\OSCAR_Data and the use that as you oscar location as it seems OSCAR cannot find anything in the documents folder.

I wonder if its your Anti-virus affecting OSCAR and SLEEPYHEAD preventing the file access as its odd that both stopped working.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Jas: It appears that your persistence has payed off! Success at last. I manually created the OSCAR_Data folder in C>Users>jawon.  Then when prompted by the app to create a data folder, pointed it to that new location. Set up profile, and imported SD card. Voila! It is all there. Everything. I clicked the link to the folder and it found it immediately. I did note that the AHI readings were slightly higher than what Sleepyhead was indicating, but more in line with my recent history. I closed Oscar then reopened it and it is there intact! I owe you a debt of gratitude for your diligence and expertise. Many thanks!  Jeff (Screenshot of fixed app attached)

...What area of the UK do you reside in?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Wooohoo great job
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 78 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Quit Working stillsleepy2 19 1,121 01-11-2024, 04:59 PM
Sad Upgrade check not working [fixed in OSCAR 1.5.1] clan 1 596 09-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar is dividing up time period [likely Auto On/Off function on CPAP, see posts 5&7] guiniviere 13 2,122 09-07-2023, 02:48 PM
  Oscar stopped recording fstbiker 1 603 06-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Question [split] Mac M1 stopped importing BestDreamYet 9 1,100 05-31-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: BestDreamYet
  unable to import data [resolved, see post #20] kappak 19 1,151 03-10-2023, 09:07 PM
Last Post: kappak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.