Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Import from ResMed SD Card
Oscar Import from ResMed SD Card
Hi everyone!  I'm a new member.  Been using my CPAP faithfully for about 4-5 years now after getting the Air Sense 10.  I just starting using the Oscar data tool since it provides so much more data than the basic MyAir data I used to rely on.  Anyway, on to my question.

After installing Oscar to my laptop, I completed the Oscar import with no issues.  But I noticed that it only seems to show data from about Feb 2022.  I've been using my Air Sense 10 for 4-5 years now, so I was expecting to see data as far back as 2018-2019. My SD card is not even close to being full, so I didn't know if there was something finicky between Oscar and ResMed or something else I may have missed? I did some searches here on the forum but didn't see anything related to my issue.

Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Import from ResMed SD Card
Hi Pat F! - Welcome
Since your question centers around OSCAR, I moved your thread to the Software support forum.

Two things to look at. First, look at the DATALOG directory on your SD card. See what the oldest directory date name is. Second, if that has the older dates, look in the preferences of OSCAR to see is the "Do not import older than..." option is selected and using a date after the date you wish to see.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Red for the welcome and recommendations. My Preferences were already updated (Do not import older than...) to Mar 2018, but you got me going on the directory folders. What's odd is I only see folders dated from today back to 15 Feb 2023. That seems really odd. Even Oscar imported some "basic" data (AHI, Usage, Session Times, and Pressure) back to Feb 2022. So why no folders from Feb 2022 to this year?

I also noticed that everything below "Pressure" in Oscar is blank until about 15 Feb 2023 (just over a month's worth). That's when all the fields (rows) below Pressure seemed to populate. To summarize:

- Searching Oscar from about Feb 2018 thru early Feb 2022: NOTHING TO REPORT (No Data or directory folders)
- Feb 2022 to 14 Feb 2023: Only some basic data (AHI, Usage, Session Times, and Pressure) in Oscar, but no directory folders present.
- 15 Feb 2023 to Current day: All fields/rows seem to be populated with directory folders for each day.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have to remember that the Resmed file system code was designed around a 4 GB SD card.  I believe that it was designed to hold summary data for a year and 30 days for detailed sleep data.

SD cards are known to go bad in a heartbeat. It is recommended practice to copy the card's data to a dedicated directory on your computer, for safe keeping. You can then point OSCAR to this directory for its data import.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"It is recommended practice to copy the card's data to a dedicated directory on your computer, for safe keeping. You can then point OSCAR to this directory for its data import."

Thanks Red. I'll keep that in mind now that I'm beginning to take better control of saving my sleep data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to mention to avoid copying the same data each time, depending on your computer system, you can use a rsync type app to copy only the files not on the destination directory.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fitbit import to OSCAR ExtremeDeepSleep 5 204 04-21-2024, 07:04 AM
Last Post: tossinandturnin
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 22 3,170 04-14-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 126 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  VAuto 11 Resmed SD card zip for developers. Where to upload? OviBerger 1 123 04-08-2024, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR not recognizing Lowenstein SD Card Poolboy 6 256 03-31-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 952 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 297 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.