Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Y-Axis question
Y-Axis question
What is the best Oscar settings for Y-Axis scaling mode; is it best to leave them at Auto-Set or set narrower perimeters? Suggested settings would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Y-Axis question
I have Flow Rate and Leak Rate set manually. Flow Rate because if I take a real deep breath, or yawn, it will increase the scale and makes it harder for me to read my normal rate.
Leak Rate because I have OSCAR set to 24 L/min as a LL and a much larger leak will, again, make it harder for me to read the scale.
Flow Rate I have set to -70 to 70, and Leak Rate I have set 0 to 30. YMMV...

The rest I believe I left on Auto Scale.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That depends. Normally, the Auto-fit option is the first choice. Sometimes, on a day-to-day basis, I've noticed that some graphs will over constrain the data by using limits that are larger than needed. That's when I will set the limits manually. After viewing the data, I will return it back to the Auto-fit. The Pressure graph comes to mind. I use EPR and don't have the EPAP option turned on for this graph. On some days OSCAR will want to include a displayed range that is inclusive of the lower pressure of the EPAP. This causes the graph line to be displayed in the upper half of the graph. This oddity is sporadic at best and I haven't found a way to consistently reproduce it.

Bottom line is, play with it. You can always reset the graph back.

I hope I answered your question.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Auto scaling is a thing the OSCAR team will be looking at, not this upcoming release.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Custom Y-axis Ranges for Graps/Charts ? DavidEsp 5 607 05-08-2023, 01:44 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Clarification on Graph Titles and axis Wondering2 10 943 12-02-2022, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Wondering2
  Oscar graph axis units ChonRad 7 671 07-22-2022, 10:31 AM
Last Post: ChonRad
  time axis of graphs in Oscar mjrPdqkLguUgGLE 1 608 05-30-2022, 06:10 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  R? program, sliding windows and OSCAR's FR zero-axis 2SleepBetta 7 1,116 04-27-2021, 02:11 PM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  Y-axis labels SomebodyInGNV 4 752 02-01-2021, 03:13 PM
Last Post: SomebodyInGNV
Question Sleepyhead graphs vertical axis units missing stillaliveca 2 1,083 07-17-2018, 04:38 PM
Last Post: stillaliveca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.