Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Leak Rate [Why two leak lines?]
Oscar Leak Rate [Why two leak lines?]
This is new to me, so I hope this makes sense.  My charts look good to me?? The one thing I see that seems off is the Leak Rate.   Most of the other posts are a straight line (or close to) while mile has 2 lines and are very pronounced up and down spikes.  Is there a problem?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Leak Rate [Why two leak lines?]
how do you feel? Tired after a nights sleep? Brain fog?
Post Reply Post Reply
The sleep lab put me up to 17,  (from 13) and I have had a very dry mouth.  I wake up several times a night to drink a sip of water.  I am tired most every morning.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
You leak rate graph shows evidence of mouth-leaking. Those stretches where the leak rate stays elevated indicate mouth leaking. I would try a chin strap, but it looks likely you'll need to go to a full face mask. Have you tried one?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2020, 05:01 PM)staceyburke Wrote: This is new to me, so I hope this makes sense.  My charts look good to me?? The one thing I see that seems off is the Leak Rate.   Most of the other posts are a straight line (or close to) while mile has 2 lines and are very pronounced up and down spikes.  Is there a problem?

Here is some information that will help you understand why you are seeing two leak lines.  
Respironics machines report "Total Leaks".  Total Leak = Intentional Leak + Excess Leak

"Depending on what machine you are using, the Leak Rate Graph will have either one or two graphs lines in it."

Read here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ailed_look

And as Sleepster stated above, your leaks appear to be from mouth leaking or mouth breathing.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No I do not have a full mask.  I ordered a double mouth guard, I have no idea if it will help but will give it a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=24043]Thank you.  It appears that my leak is ok with this graph.  But the AHI is at .78 - No problem but the duration of both AHI seems extremely long?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a number of flow limitation marks.  Any reason why?
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow Limits are events that can disrupt sleep somewhat like other events. These are partial obstructions that aren't big enough to be hypopnea or apnea. If these are disturbing sleep, an EPAP increase can help diminish them; and it may not take much of an increase to help. And don't increase pressure too much, or you risk losing comfort over it. With the FL being a small event percentage, only consider addressing if it disturbs sleep.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 11 1 hour ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 234 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  flow rate and leak rate question sleepingbetterinFl 0 88 03-21-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.