Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar-NEW to this please let me know what you think
Oscar-NEW to this please let me know what you think
Hello, I have had a CPAP for about 10 years now. I had an s9 (still do) but got a Dreamstation yesterday and slept with it last night. My AHI on my s9 was usually 1.0 on average but on the dream station, it was a lot higher! I was shocked! I also got a new mask airfitn20 FFM I have used a mirage Quattro for years. I have downloaded the SD card to oscar which for my s9 shows from 2018...I accidentally added the dream station to it but figured out how to separate them, well the dream station by itself I think the last night's data is still attached to the s9 stuff. I am going to try to get both on here. I am not sure what I am looking at this stuff is so in-depth. Please any help reading my results or why the AHI is higher on Dreamstation would appreciate it. Any tips please and thank you so much in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar-NEW to this please let me know what you think
Welcome to the forum. It will help if you eliminate the calendar, pie chart, and right side bar. See the link below for organizing charts. It will make statistic and machine settings visible in the posted image. Hopefully we can help you improve your therapy.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, I will try my best to do better next time. Hopefully, there is enough for some feedback on the pictures I did attach.  Smile Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Castro. The Philips machines are known to react much more slowly to events and precursors than Resmed machines. You can see that last night your pressure seemed stuck around 5 despite quite a few events occurring. Looking at your previous results in the overview chart it seems that your Resmed was peaking around 13. I think you need to increase your minimum pressure substantially to achieve similar results - start with minimum of 8, then increase in increments of 0.5 until the AHI stabilises.

As an aside, why did you change from a Resmed to a Philips? The general consensus on the forums is that Resmed put out a much superior product.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree! But I got the s10 when it came out and had a hard time with it. The humidifier was just an issue all the water would be gone before the morning...no matter how many times I changed it . Returned it they gave me a different one same issue. So i just gave it back and kept the s9 which had bee. Amazing if there was another resmed version out i would have went with that as i have only ever had resmed since s7 i believe or before. The auto om doesn't respond as fast...and i can still switch but like i said the s10 didnt work for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to chime in and say 1) I like my DreamStation, and 2) I believe DreamStation's analytics must be different from ResMed's AFA determining AHI. While I acknowledge they have different algorithms (with ResMed's being more aggressive), I think they also have got to analyze the events differently. That's just my opinion. My ResMed gives me a significantly lower AHI, but my DreamStation (while giving me still a very satisfactory AHI) alleviates my apnea symptoms better.

I say all this to encourage you. If you've decided to stick with the DreamStation, that is totally fine! NOW work to find the best settings for you on THIS machine. Because the settings on the ResMed may not be your best settings for the DreamStation. (As others have mentioned, you'll want to bring your min pressure higher since the DreamStation isn't as quick or aggressive in addressing the obstructions.)
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.