Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Navigation Bug
Oscar Navigation Bug
Hi, all. New user of OSCAR 1.0.1-r-1 here. Also new users of a ResMed AirSense 10 (6 nights).

I am successfully exporting data from the CPAP and importing it into OSCAR. There's a navigation bug when using MacOS Catalina on my MacBook Pro, Mid-2014, 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris-Pro Graphics 1536 MB.

The bug is random and I cannot reproduce it. Here are some symptoms:
When I click nearby around the calendar, the calendar jumps to some random date far away from today's date. If I click the action buttons below the calendar (Details, Events, Notes, Bookmarks), the selected day jumps to some other random date.

The navigation arrows around the date bar at the top don't work. The drop-down selector at the top of the calendar doesn't work.

This was driving me crazy earlier today. Of course, right now navigation is working fine, just as one would expect.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

This is a really good app -- Kudos to the development team and Mark Watkins for writing this!

I'm using a couple of recording pulse-oximeters (Wellue "O2Ring" and BedDr "SleepTuner"). I'm looking forward to getting SpO2 data into OSCAR. Any guidance on doing this would be greatly appreciated. I bought these brands because of all the unsatisfied customers of Contec on Amazon. Perhaps it would be easier to buy a Contec Pulse-Oximeter. Unfortunately, I don't have a PC and need to install Windows under Boot Camp on my Mac to access the data from the O2Ring. The SleepTuner doesn't support data export.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Navigation Bug
I don't know about the navigation issues. Maybe someone else can chime in as to whether we've seen it and/or fixed it in the upcoming version.

I haven't heard of the SleepTuner.

Someone has contributed code (that I'm currently reviewing) for parsing the O2Ring files, but those assume either pulling the files off the Android device (synced via Bluetooth) or from the PC software (synced via USB cable). I think I read that the manufacturer is aiming to have Mac software some time this month, so maybe that will let you get at your data. (Or you can set up a VM with Windows on it, much less annoying than having to boot into Windows.)

Eventually OSCAR should be able to import directly from the O2Ring, but that's probably months away.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I've been emailing with the O2Ring people. Their technical developer, Vincent, sent me this message an hour ago. It sounds like you guys should open up a discussion.

I have contact the developer of SleepyHead and OSCAR (the codes are almost the same) with email, gits, and other ways, but got no response.
Obviously, we want to develop the function working with OSCAR software. That will make our product more competitively.

Thank you for your reply. We will try and move forward.

Yours sincerely,

Vincent
wangjiang at viatomtech.com
Technical Manager
Viatom Technology Co., Ltd
3#4E, Tingwei Park, Honglang North 2nd Road
Baoan District, Shenzhen, 518101, P.R.China
www viatomtech com
Post Reply Post Reply
Sawing...SleepTuner is really slick. Those guys have done a remarkable job of miniaturization. Their little 5 gram device sticks on your forehead. Apparently it's a good location on the body to measure peripheral blood. You can't even tell you are wearing their device. Their medical grade adhesive is very good - the unit has not fallen off my forehead once yet is easy to detach in the morning. I've been able to re-use the adhesive one night and I suspect it would last even longer.

Their algorithm is inferring respiration (summarized as "stop breathing events") from the pulsatile blood flow. There have been a lot of papers on how to extract respiration from the photoplethysmogram (pleth) waveform using wavelet transforms.

Unfortunately, they don't provide a lot of data or information on their processing. You get ten minute averages of SpO2 and the data cannot be exported. They have not provided any information on how they average SpO2 data.

I'm conjecturing that some of their limitations may be a result of power, size and weight constraints.

The unit also includes an accelerometer to determine position changes during sleep, but it doesn't seem to be very sensitive.
Post Reply Post Reply
Re "Navigation Bug," I just discovered I have to position the cursor and click about 3/8 inch BELOW what I actually want to click on. The cursor coordinates are not aligned with the screen coordinates.

This is a random bug, but seems to happen about 80% of the time. For a while I thought it occurred some time after starting OSCAR, but it happens immediately on startup sometimes.

This behavior occurs for every action user-element on the OSCAR screen - buttons, calendar days, drop-downs, twisties, etc. The behavior does not happen on the Mac menu bar or in the Finder.

See attached figure.

MacBook Pro mid-2014
macOS Catalina 10.15.2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.