Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Newbie looking for help
Question 
Oscar Newbie looking for help
I was able to enter my data into Oscar but now I don't really know what to look for to make the right adjustments. 

Something about me is I was diagnosed with Mild sleep apnea maybe 4 years ago. I could never get in the routine of wearing a mask. But I knew I was sleeping sh**ty. I wore some expensive overnight 02 monitor and my saturation would get to the low 80's when I slept. The myair app isn't saying I am having many apneas now since I started wearing it last week but my oxygen is still low (it's usually 98% during the day.

Looking for any help anyone can give. I will will to upload data just dont know what to choose.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Newbie looking for help
Welcome to Apnea Board, weldon123!

The ApneaBoard Wiki has a good article about which Oscar charts to post and in what format:
Oscar Chart Organization

Once you have some charts, start a new thread in the Main Apnea Board Forum and include the charts.  If you have a sleep study, redact any personal information (name, address, etc) and upload that as well.  

There are some great folks here with a wealth of knowledge and experience -- they will be a long to take a look at the charts and give some recommendations.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi weldon123!  -  Welcome

Please look at the links in my signature for help with OSCAR.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, thanks! I just read an answer to my question. My sd card has to be left in while using it. I was just popping it in to download and taking it out right away.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am also new to CPAP, this Forum and Oscar and like the OP would like to benefit from the guidance of the knowledgeable people here on the Forum.  I've been using OSCAR for about a month now, so what charts would you recommend I save and in what format in order to upload for feedback?  Would I print out a PDF of some daily charts?

Thanks for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
By default, the Daily graphs are displayed in order of importance. Also, leave the View set to Standard. The Advanced view is for the advanced CPAP machines like an ASV or ST-A. The Advanced view just reorders the graphs of importance and does not provide any additional information.

Do not use the printout or a PDF image. Instead, take a screenshot while in OSCAR using the F12 or, for a Mac, use the Fn+F12 combo. If they are open, the F12 key (or Fn+F12 combo) will close the calendar, right side menu, and the pie chart. They obstruct from displaying valuable information.

-- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the information!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 126 03-28-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Newbie to CPAP but going to use OSCAR Jimmy Lotus 4 755 08-31-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar newbie here needtobreath 2 472 08-23-2023, 06:40 PM
  Newbie. Airsense 11 SD card DeputyDawgAtl 20 12,561 05-15-2022, 06:14 AM
  Newbie trying to install OSCAR on old MAC gabsleep 5 911 03-26-2022, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Oscar advice for a newbie Shazbat 4 649 09-04-2021, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Shazbat
  NEWBIE SD Card Question Mori 7 1,050 12-07-2020, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Mori

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.