Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Not Importing Additional Sleep Session
Oscar Not Importing Additional Sleep Session
Good morning,

Early this morning (approximately 5 am), I imported my sleep sessions from last night to Oscar and returned the SD card to my machine as I normally do. Hours later (at approximately 7 AM) I went back to bed, and my Air Sense 11 Auto Set recorded an additional 1.5 hours of sleep and a new AHI reading (which I read directly on the machine sleep results). However, when I removed the SD card and tried to update my imported sessions to Oscar, the update did not take place, and it remained without the latest sleep session in Oscar.  It is not reading the updated information from the machine. 

Please advise on how I might correct this issue, or is this a programming issue? Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Not Importing Additional Sleep Session
Try purging that day's data (Data → Advanced → Purge Current Selected Day → CPAP) and reimport it. Also, other AS 11 users have mentioned that they have to power cycle their unit to get the SD to update.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the quick response, Crimson. Will follow your advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi - 
Would you explain what you mean by the power cycle sequence to have the AS 11 write to the SD card?  Do I unplug and re-plug the AS 11 with the SD card inserted?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes! To cycle the power totally off, unplug the power supply, then power up by plugging the power supply back in. You need to wait about 30 seconds between each of these steps in order to let any residual power in any of the capacitors time to discharge.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks  That's what I thought.  Odd that AS 11 doesn't have an on/off button.
Best
Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I know, no current CPAP brand has a total power off switch. On the A10 series, Resmed does offer a standby/hibernate feature that will power down the voltage to the SD card. I don't have a clue as to what else it shuts down. I guess that if you are running on a battery backup system, this may offer some added benefit while the CPAP isn't in use. Of course, if you are running it on battery power, you could always unplug it for even more power savings.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I guess one reason they don't want a hard shut off to allow the heater to cool down with the fan.  They could have included a 1 minute delay with the screen flashing -  "shutting down - Please wait..."  But its easy to second guess the engineers.

Thanks.

Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
It blows for *a lot* longer than a minute, about 30 minutes. Its role is not to cool down the motor it's to blowout moisture in the hose.

And these devices do more than just light blowing after typical use:
- upload data/download configuration changes
- sense if we are attempting to autostart with SmartStart
- respond to button presses
- write to the SD Card

Adding a hard power switch will interfere with the above activities. Support calls and missing/corrupt data would skyrocket.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good points. So one should let the AS 11 go through its natural shutdown process before pulling the plug.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Importing blood oxymetry data from Samsung Health Scarmen 5 1,649 04-10-2024, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 242 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 218 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 217 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
Question Editing session start/end times within OSCAR jas102543 6 1,673 03-12-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: j12251225
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 178 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 373 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.