Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Report Question
Oscar Report Question
Am I missing something or is this not a feature. In the old days of SH, when you printed out a report from the statistics tab, you could get a month by month breakdown. Currently, the only report I can run shows Most Recent; Last Week; Last 30 Days; Last 6 months; and last year.

Also, the report is scrunched on the top half of the page in extremely small print and the Changes to Machine Settings and Machine Info prints on the next page even though there is plenty of room.

I am running Oscar 1.1.0 on the latest build of Windows 10. Get the same print results where it is to my Brother All in One or my HP laser. Same issue occurs when I print to pdf.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Report Question
(05-03-2020, 02:18 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: Am I missing something or is this not a feature. In the old days of SH, when you printed out a report from the statistics tab, you could get a month by month breakdown. Currently, the only report I can run shows Most Recent; Last Week; Last 30 Days; Last 6 months; and last year.

Also, the report is scrunched on the top half of the page in extremely small print and the Changes to Machine Settings and Machine Info prints on the next page even though there is plenty of room.

I am running Oscar 1.1.0 on the latest build of Windows 10. Get the same print results where it is to my Brother All in One or my HP laser. Same issue occurs when I print to pdf.

The choice between a 12 month display and the most recent, etc. display is a radio button at the bottom left of the Statistics screen.  It affects both the screen and printed output.

Please post a PDF so we can see how bad the problem is.  Let us know if the font size in the PDF is representative of what you see on your printer.  Font size is set for the width of the printer or screen and assuming room is needed for displaying 12-months of data without truncating or wrapping the numbers.  Please also post a PDF with the 12-month option selected.

The printing logic treats each section of the report as a separate "block."  When a new block starts, the printer code attempts to determine whether that block will fit on the remainder of the current page.  If it thinks it will not, it starts the block on a new page.  (This is at least better than Oscar 1.0.1 which simply truncated everything beyond the first page!)

If you want to print with a larger font, print your report in landscape mode.  If you want it really really big, print in landscape mode on legal size paper!
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Guy,

Found the button and that part works. Evidentially I didn't scroll down far enough. Many thanx.

I attached a pdf of what I am seeing. The font is a lot smaller than see in other documents. Excel documents print fine. LibreOffice test (docx) also print fine. For the record, when I go into the print screens, I do NOT have the option to shrink to fit the page.

I attached the pdf and is was using the Microsoft to PDF that comes up in my list of printers.

I will try to also load this on my MacBook and see if I see different results. Might take a day or to get it done.

.pdf   test2.pdf (Size: 145.16 KB / Downloads: 23)
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
After your print the statistics, open the debug pane (Help/Troubleshooting/Show Debug Pane) and you should find a comment in there that says what font and point size was used for the report. The font will should be Helvetica. The font size is calculated by the program. The actual calculation was experimentally determined to avoid clipping or wrapping of the numbers when printing 12 months of data. Even with the "most recent" etc. format, where there are fewer data columns in the CPAP usage section, the machine settings section takes up a lot of horizontal space.

Try this: when you print the statistics report, the Windows print dialog will come up. Using printer preferences, set the page to landscape mode. Print the report and see if it is more legible.

For display on the screen, the font and size used is from the Application Font from the preferences setting. So, yes, you can get a wildly different font on screen and on printout.

That your machine settings list started on a second page surprised me. Obviously there was plenty of room on the first. I'll look into that.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2020, 02:45 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: That your machine settings list started on a second page surprised me.  Obviously there was plenty of room on the first.  I'll look into that.

Oh, now I remember.  Starting machine settings on a new page is deliberate.  The reason is that the CPAP Usage section contains all the information necessary to show compliance.  A record of settings changes is not required for compliance.  So the first page was intended to be one that could be provided to whoever needed evidence of compliance without the extraneous information about machines and settings.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Guy,

Went into debug and the font is Helvetica which I believe windows substitutes to Arial (public domain version of Helvetica). Landscape print is far better and is readable. When I printed portrait it looks like it uses a 6 font, landscape shows 8. Used to have a font guide which you could put over the font to see what size it was.

I'll just remember to print in landscape for my doc.  Many thanx.
Homer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 108 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 160 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Seeking help with O2 report/OSCAR ejbpesca 26 1,478 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [BUG report] OSCAR v1.5.1 Skalou 10 1,284 12-03-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Question paulag1955 11 921 11-19-2023, 01:37 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  First OSCAR Report - Leak Rate jfkaess 11 1,684 11-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  how to use CPAP data to compute RDI with machine that doesn't report RERAs? TryingToGetItRight 3 632 09-29-2023, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.