Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Report
Oscar Report

Machine Settings
Mode ASV
Min EPAP 8.00 cmH2O
Max EPAP 9.00 cmH2O 
Min IPAP 13.00 cmH2O
Max IPAP 25.00 cmH2O
PS Min 5.00 cmH2O
PS Max 14.00 cmH2O
Auto On  On
Breath Rate Auto
Flex Level 2 
Flex Mode Bi-Flex
Hose Diam. 22mm
Humid. Lvl 4 
Humid. Mode Fixed (Classic)
Humidifier Connected
Mask Res. Lock Off
Mask Resist.  1 
Ramp Pressure  4.00 cmH2O
Ramp Time  30.00 Minutes
Show AHI  On
Tube Lock  On

I was diagnosed with apnea back in 2012.  Initially I was prescribed straight Cpap but then my doctor determined that I have complex apnea and changed me to Bipap.

I know I have been only hurting myself but after many unsuccessful tries of getting used to it I gave up and stopped using the machine.  Fast forwarding to today as I have gotten older I think that my apnea might have gotten worse because I started falling asleep on the couch at night which I rarely did before.  I am also diabetic and my blood pressure has been running high.  So combination of advancing age, some medical conditions, and my falling asleep on the couch at night I have finally decided better late than never that I have to make friends with Cpap therapy.  I think that part of my problem before may have been a bad mask.  I was using a GoLife mask and I never liked it.  I just got a Dreamwear under nose nasal mask and I seem to be tolerating therapy better.  

I don't have my initial sleep study report but I do remember being told that I had something like 50 events during the night.  Since I had stopped using my machine I have never had any follow up appointments or pressure level adjustments.  So I am trying to understand my OSCAR results to determine if I need an appointment with a doctor for an adjustment.  I have 6 days of therapy and posted the 3 recent Oscar reports. My AHI over the weekend was pretty good but  on Monday it jumped to 11.32.  And I am having a high number of clear airway and obstruction events.  I'd appreciate some insights on the reports and if they indicate that my settings might need an adjustment.  Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Report
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure others will have more suggestions but it's obvious to me from the clustering that many of your obstructive events represent positional apnea, probably due to tucking your chin to your chest. This is most effectively treated with a soft cervical collar. See the link below and also go to the  link on positional apnesa imbeddded in the soft cervical collar article.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Because you are on an ASV I do suggest that you post the 'advanced' charts as well. go to View / Reset Graphs / Advanced (or Standard to reset)
Your machine is designed to maintain Tidal Volume so it is always a good idea to keep an eye on that
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2020, 06:37 PM)Melman Wrote: Welcome to the forum. I'm sure others will have more suggestions but it's obvious to me from the clustering that many of your obstructive events represent positional apnea, probably due to tucking your chin to your chest. This is most effectively treated with a soft cervical collar. See the link below and also go to the  link on positional apnesa imbeddded in the soft cervical collar article.

Ugh thanks for the input.  I'm not too excited that I may have to get used to sleeping with a cervical collar on top of my finally committing to adjusting to my Bipap.  But if that is necessary I'll look into it.

(09-22-2020, 07:19 PM)bonjour Wrote: Because you are on an ASV I do suggest that you post the 'advanced' charts as well.  go to View / Reset Graphs / Advanced (or Standard to reset)
Your machine is designed to maintain Tidal Volume so it is always a good idea to keep an eye on that

What does Tidal Volume indicate?
Post Reply Post Reply
Bonjour

I think I misread your request.  I just added Tidal to the chart report but I think you wanted more?  Can you please clarify what charts I need to post.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK sorry about that but I think I now understand what was meant by posting advanced chart so here it is.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2020, 07:38 PM)bossfan50 Wrote: Ugh thanks for the input.  I'm not too excited that I may have to get used to sleeping with a cervical collar on top of my finally committing to adjusting to my Bipap.  But if that is necessary I'll look into it.

It may not be that bad. I've worn one for a couple of years and had no trouble adapting to it. But wait until Bonjour responds on your charts.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

I wanted to post last night's OSCAR to go along with the previous ones that I have already posted.  I have included the Leak Rate chart.

My AHI is still high at 10.09 and there are too many CA, OA, and H events.  Some of the H events are during Ramp Time with pressure at 4 which I am using too help me get to sleep before the full pressure starts so if I eliminate the Ramp then it might help the early sleep hypopneas.

I'm trying to learn how to interpret the results on my own but for now I can use the insights of the board to help me understand what the report indicates.  Is a cervical collar as suggested recommended or is it a pressure setting issue as well?
Post Reply Post Reply

Posting my latest Oscar charts, standard and advanced as was suggested to me.  My AHI still is high and I think that I am having too many obstruction and hypopnea events.  I feel less rested than when I was sleeping without the therapy.  When I look at the charts I'm still not sure what they are saying so I am asking for some help making sense of it.  I don't seem to be having any major mask leaks so do I need to pressure adjustments or is the previously suggested cervical collar my best option?  Thank you for helping.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for a new post but I am past the editing window to put this in my previous post.

My sleep session was broken up into two after going to bathroom around 7:00.  First session my AHI was 9.8, still high but better than the average shown in the posted chart.  Last 1 hour 25 minutes the AHI was 16.05 so that caused my average AHI for the night to be higher.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 171 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 207 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 176 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,452 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 478 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] My first report here Frankiboy 20 1,397 11-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 481 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.