Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar&Resmed S9 Compatibility - Device settings are not read
Question 
Oscar&Resmed S9 Compatibility - Device settings are not read
I stopped using Dreamstation 2 for a while, I am using S9. I cannot see the details of my report with the Resmed S9 in Oscar. Points I can't see: device settings, RERA...

I am using the device in Autoset mode but it shows Cpap. I also scrambled the settings tab but could not find it. Why do these errors and omissions occur? Is it because S9's language is Turkish? 

Attached screenshot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar&Resmed S9 Compatibility - Device settings are not read
Your chart looks very good, and there are very few events.  Your Resmed S9 Autoset does not provide RERA events, and that was not added until well into the production of the S10. There seems to be an error in the transcription of settings and pressures.  Is it possible you made a change to settings after the 21:51 session and the revised settings for two later sessions at  21:55 and 22:19 have not made it into the settings file?  Please use this again tomorrow, and if you still don't get correct settings. we might want to look at the data again.

If you want to pick out RERA just look for increases in flow limitation that terminate in a inspiratory spike on the flow-rate. You can zoom in on that and probably see an arousal.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=32416]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. Almost certainly the text in the data files is in Turkish. This will confuse a lot of the searches for the data channel names.

However if you can send us a zip file of your SD card, I can (probably) work out the correspondence between the names and the channels. Some languages are already accommodated, and I will be happy to add Turkish to the list. It is likely that he same names are used in the AS10 and coming AS11, so this will be a valuable addition.

You can use OSCAR to create the zip file. Click on 'Help', 'Troubleshooting', 'Create zip of CPAP data card' ; then upload the zip file to https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b.

Thank you
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2021, 11:04 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your chart looks very good, and there are very few events.  Your Resmed S9 Autoset does not provide RERA events, and that was not added until well into the production of the S10. There seems to be an error in the transcription of settings and pressures.  Is it possible you made a change to settings after the 21:51 session and the revised settings for two later sessions at  21:55 and 22:19  have not made it into the settings file?  Please use this again tomorrow, and if you still don't get correct settings. we might want to look at the data again.

If you want to pick out RERA just look for increases in flow limitation that terminate in a inspiratory spike on the flow-rate. You can zoom in on that and probably see an arousal.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=32416]

I didn't know the S9 doesn't support RERAs. Thanks for information. There was also an error in transcription in the days when I did not change the settings. 
possibly due to Turkish characters.

RERAs only available on S10?

(05-22-2021, 11:16 AM)pholynyk Wrote: Yes. Almost certainly the text in the data files is in Turkish. This will confuse a lot of the searches for the data channel names.

However if you can send us a zip file of your SD card, I can (probably) work out the correspondence between the names and the channels. Some languages are already accommodated, and I will be happy  to add Turkish to the list. It is likely that he same names are used in the AS10 and coming AS11, so this will be a valuable addition.

You can use  OSCAR to create the zip file. Click on 'Help', 'Troubleshooting', 'Create zip of CPAP data card'   ; then upload the zip file to https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b.

Thank you

I uploaded.

Thank you for your great help and support.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have merged the update for Turkish signal names into the source repository. The changes will show up in the next release.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2021, 02:33 PM)pholynyk Wrote: I have merged the update for Turkish signal names into the source repository. The changes will show up in the next release.

I wonder if I have a chance to use it before it goes release?   Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2021, 03:46 PM)xxxxqwe Wrote: I wonder if I have a chance to use it before it goes release?   Rolleyes

What platform (Windows, Mac, etc.) are you using?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2021, 03:54 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(05-22-2021, 03:46 PM)xxxxqwe Wrote: I wonder if I have a chance to use it before it goes release?   Rolleyes

What platform (Windows, Mac, etc.) are you using?

Windows
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope you are aware that you can switch OSCAR to Turkish?
[attachment=32450]
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
My first merge was untested, but Sızıntı has no dots on the things that look like an i - now the leaks will be graphed.

Arie, the resmed loader has a table that has to contain the signal names as used in the edf files. If we could get an SD card zip file for each of our languages, I could fill it in more completely. We can't assume that the resmed programmers used the same words as a native speaker would!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar and ResMed Domino96 13 749 Yesterday, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR Device Support xxxxqwe 9 222 03-18-2024, 05:59 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 123 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,408 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  OSCAR, how to switch to a new device? edgnoj 4 373 02-10-2024, 02:37 PM
Last Post: glenncol

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.