Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar&Resmed S9 Compatibility - Device settings are not read
RE: Oscar&Resmed S9 Compatibility - Device settings are not read
I'll get back to you tomorrow or the next day with a test version.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2021, 03:09 PM)A KLERK Wrote: I hope you are aware that you can switch OSCAR to Turkish?

Yes i know. I used the program mainly in Turkish. Then I translated the language of the program into English so that I could use a common language with those in the forum. But since the language of the device is Turkish, it does not read the settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2021, 05:12 PM)pholynyk Wrote: My first merge was untested, but Sızıntı has no dots on the things that look like an i - now the leaks will be graphed.

Arie, the resmed loader has a table that has to contain the signal names as used in the edf files. If we could get an SD card zip file for each of our languages, I could fill it in more completely. We can't assume that the resmed programmers used the same words as a native speaker would!

I uploaded the zips. I hope I did it right. I did it like this:

I created a zip when OSCAR's and S9's languages were Turkish. Then I changed Oscar's language to English. I created such a zip. Then I inserted the sd card into the device. I changed the language of the S9 to English and changed the pressure settings and started it to record on the SD card. Then I inserted the sd card to the pc and created a zip as OSCAR's language is Turkish. Then I changed the language of OSCAR to English and created a zip. I may have confused UK or US when choosing Oscar's language.

Did I do it right?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2021, 11:55 PM)xxxxqwe Wrote:
(05-22-2021, 03:54 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(05-22-2021, 03:46 PM)xxxxqwe Wrote: I wonder if I have a chance to use it before it goes release?   Rolleyes

What platform (Windows, Mac, etc.) are you using?

Windows

I will ask you not to share or distribute what Guy gives you.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2021, 05:47 AM)Gideon Wrote:
(05-22-2021, 11:55 PM)xxxxqwe Wrote:
(05-22-2021, 03:54 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: What platform (Windows, Mac, etc.) are you using?

Windows

I will ask you not to share or distribute what Guy gives you.  Thanks.

Of course, I definitely do not distribute and share. Thank you for your attention.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the additional files, xxxqwe. As I expected, the machine doesn't care whether OSCAR is using English or Turkish - it uses the same label names in the files. What was more interesting, is that the machine always uses Turkish labels, regardless of the machine's display language.

I will have to see if my Canadian machine always uses the English labels.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2021, 11:49 AM)pholynyk Wrote: Thank you for the additional files, xxxqwe. As I expected, the machine doesn't care whether OSCAR is using English or Turkish - it uses the same label names in the files. What was more interesting, is that the machine always uses Turkish labels, regardless of the machine's display language.

I will have to see if my Canadian machine always uses the English labels.

You're welcome. I thank you.

I wonder if I chose English in the first setup after resetting the S9. Does it make the coding of the reports different? Should we try it? What do you say?
SIXTH REMEDY 
   O brother who thinks of the pleasures of this world and suffers distress at illness!
If this world was everlasting, and if on our way there was no death, and if the winds of separation and decease did not blow, and if there were no winters of the spirit in the calamitous and stormy future, I would have pitied you together with you.
But since one day the world will bid us to leave it and will close its ears to our cries, we must forego our love of it now through the warnings of these illnesses, before it drives us out.
We must try to abandon it in our hearts before it abandons us.
   Yes, illness utters this warning to us: "Your body is not composed of stone and iron, but of various materials which are always disposed to parting.
Leave off your pride, understand your impotence, recognize your Owner, know your duties, learn why you came to this world!" It declares this secretly in the heart's ear.
   Moreover, since the pleasures and enjoyment of this world do not continue, and particularly if they are illicit, they are both fleeting, and full of pain, and sinful, do not weep on the pretext of illness because you have lost those pleasures.
On the contrary, think of the aspects of worship and reward in the Hereafter to be found in illness, and try to receive pleasure from those.
Flashes - 270
Post Reply Post Reply
One more point:

I did not do a complete therapy after I chose English as the language of S9. I just let the air blow for 10 seconds then I took out the sd card. Is this detail important?
SIXTH REMEDY 
   O brother who thinks of the pleasures of this world and suffers distress at illness!
If this world was everlasting, and if on our way there was no death, and if the winds of separation and decease did not blow, and if there were no winters of the spirit in the calamitous and stormy future, I would have pitied you together with you.
But since one day the world will bid us to leave it and will close its ears to our cries, we must forego our love of it now through the warnings of these illnesses, before it drives us out.
   Yes, illness utters this warning to us: "Your body is not composed of stone and iron, but of various materials which are always disposed to parting.
Leave off your pride, understand your impotence, recognize your Owner, know your duties, learn why you came to this world!" It declares this secretly in the heart's ear.
   Moreover, since the pleasures and enjoyment of this world do not continue, and particularly if they are illicit, they are both fleeting, and full of pain, and sinful, do not weep on the pretext of illness because you have lost those pleasures.
On the contrary, think of the aspects of worship and reward in the Hereafter to be found in illness, and try to receive pleasure from those.
Flashes - 270
Post Reply Post Reply
Your questions have made me stop and think about things for a bit. There is only one STR.edf file on the SD card (which has the settings). I'm pretty sure the header part (which contains the labels) is written once when the card in initialised, and only the daily data records are added each day.
So the label text won't change when you change the language setting.
I'm pretty sure... there are lots of variables to consider, so I'll play with my own machine.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2021, 12:49 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Your questions have made me stop and think about things for a bit. There is only one STR.edf file on the SD card (which has the settings). I'm pretty sure the header part (which contains the labels) is written once when the card in initialised, and only the daily data records are added each day.
So the label text won't change when you change the language setting.
I'm pretty sure... there are lots of variables to consider, so I'll play with my own machine.

I'm glad new thinking channels are opening up. If there's anything I can do, I'm ready here.
SIXTH REMEDY 
Flashes - 270
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar and ResMed Domino96 13 805 03-27-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 818 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR Device Support xxxxqwe 9 248 03-18-2024, 05:59 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 128 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,356 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,421 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  OSCAR, how to switch to a new device? edgnoj 4 377 02-10-2024, 02:37 PM
Last Post: glenncol

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.