Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Review/Leak Rate
Oscar Review/Leak Rate
Hi, very new to the board and Oscar software. I have been studying my charts for a few months now and feel a little overwhelmed by all the info. Since I started with a CPAP 6 months ago I have stop snoring but day to day don't really feel much different from before. According to the Dreammapper ap my AHI's are good and there has never been a mask fit below 100% which led me to believe everything is fine. After reviewing the data in Oscar I am concerned with the values I am seeing, especially the leak rate.  I use a nasal cushion and typically put a piece of tape over the middle of my lips. Any insight into these graphs would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks
Matt

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Oscar Review/Leak Rate
Almost everyone has problems with leaks. The biggest problem is type of mask (I did not see you listed your mask) the worst for leaks is a full face mask and the list is a pillows. The pillows mask is great if you don’t mouth breath. I think you might do better at a little higher pressure. Hypopneas useually are helped by a higher pressure.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed 
Cervical Collar     Dealing w DME     Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Review Appreciate! youbetcha 15 445 44 minutes ago
Last Post: bonjour
  [CPAP] New to the Forum - Please help Review OSCAR chart SinoAngTatayMo 10 202 7 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  50% leak rate cpapnovice 20 352 Yesterday, 10:53 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Leak rates, what's normal and does it change with mask type or brand? happydreams 5 175 10-25-2020, 09:51 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Determining leak with a "nonsupported" mask? sosaystara 2 65 10-25-2020, 07:31 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Cpap user - Have messed up flow rate chooie 3 119 10-24-2020, 09:46 AM
Last Post: chooie
  Leak rate - What does Resmed Airsense 10 report? elliotg 5 219 10-03-2020, 12:32 AM
Last Post: elliotg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.