Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

help proposal (OSCAR)
help proposal (OSCAR)
Hello to all of you,

Thanks for the job.

At the begining I fond SleepyHead.
Then, I found OSCAR.
I'm french and so french speaking person.

It seem that my english is not so bad : I'll try to write in english.

I've been a professional software developer during about 20 years and now I work for infrastructure.
Out of work, I use a Ubuntu computer since 2009. I'm a member of a LUG in Lyon, France.

I can help for :
- deb package creation (lithian says there is some warnings and some errors).
- french translation (it seems that it is based on a automatic translation which need a manually correction)
if needed.

I don't know how to use git. I need a 'how to' in french ou english language.

Jean-Philippe
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: help proposal (OSCAR)
Hello Jean-Philippe,

I moved this post to the Software Support Forum, where it will be more visible to the OSCAR team members, specifically Fred Bonjour, the Project Manager for OSCAR.

Thanks and welcome to Apnea Board.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. It's a good idea. I thought it was a mistake but I didn't know if it really was one and how to correct it.
Thanks for the correction.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
There are now five French translators and IFAIK Google Translator has not been involved...
We had already contact via my PM, so please mail me ASAP, so I can bring you all together!
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.