Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar/SH does not update pressure changes
Oscar/SH does not update pressure changes
I have had an issue where SleepyHead and now Oscar where the programs do not update pressure setting changes that I make on my AirSense 10 Autoset.

Does anyone else have this issue or have any ideas on how to fix it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar/SleepyHead does not update pressure changes
(07-31-2019, 04:59 PM)Coffee Man Wrote: I have had an issue where SleepyHead and now Oscar where the programs do not update pressure setting changes that I make on my AirSense 10 Autoset.

Does anyone else have this issue or have any ideas on how to fix it?

Exactly which settings are you looking at, as pressure settings are shown in more than one place.  Please include a screen shot showing the problem.

The Autoset reports pressure settings only once a day.  I don't know whether that is at the start or end of the day.  Any pressure changes you make during a day will not be shown.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
one possibility: if you change settings after running the machine after noon, the initial / original settings will be displayed. if accuracy matters, make changes once in a day (beginning at noon) before running the machine. if I try a different setting after an afternoon nap, say, I note the change in the Journal or Notes section of the program so if I happen to look at it later I know the displayed settings only applied to that nap.
Post Reply Post Reply
The pressure would be the minimum and maximum pressure I set on the machine. So, currently I have 8.4-11.0 pressure range but it lists the pressure range as 8-9.2 which has been incorrect for a long time. The pressure in the graphs and everything is ok.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2019, 06:08 PM)Coffee Man Wrote: The pressure would be the minimum and maximum pressure I set on the machine. So, currently I have 8.4-11.0 pressure range but it lists the pressure range as 8-9.2 which has been incorrect for a long time. The pressure in the graphs and everything is ok.

PLEASE include screen captures of both Daily and Statistics pages showing the erroneous pressure reports.  Pressure is shown in two places on the Daily page and two places on the Statistics page.  We need to know which reports are wrong.

And is it saying on the Daily page that the settings are "guessed"?  If so, that indicates a data problem. Let us know how many days of data you have imported.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The SleepyHead screen shows prescription changes - but the pressures stopped updating. It says I've used the exact same pressure range for the last 312 days, which is incorrect.

The Oscar screenshot shows in the left-sided pain Min 8, Max 9.2, but this is incorrect, and mirrors what SleepyHead shows in the same area.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2019, 07:42 PM)Coffee Man Wrote: The SleepyHead screen shows prescription changes - but the pressures stopped updating. It says I've used the exact same pressure range for the last 312 days, which is incorrect.

The Oscar screenshot shows in the left-sided pain Min 8, Max 9.2, but this is incorrect, and mirrors what SleepyHead shows in the same area.

Thank you for the details.  On your SD card, in the root directory, is a file named str.edf.  I want to see what that file shows.  Could you send that fille to me?  I'll send you my email address in a PM.

Thanks.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for sending the str.edf file.

The str.edf file is created by your ResMed CPAP machine and the machine records settings and summary results here for each day of use. Your CPAP machine is saying that your minimum pressure is 8.0 and your maximum pressure is 9.2. So OSCAR and SH are accurately reporting what the machine says the settings are.

Could you post a complete screenshot of the Daily page showing the pressure graphs?

How old is your machine?
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will an OSCAR update ever be released? guzzle 3 217 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar doesn't update settings kappak 1 309 01-19-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR not picking up resetting of min pressure? WisNaeMe 6 572 01-17-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Update? Fixit50 7 602 01-12-2024, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Fixit50
  How do I update my weight in Oscar alexwatt 2 468 10-20-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: alexwatt
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,406 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR Overview Pressure Plot not showing real Max sopherFellow 15 2,281 09-09-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: edfreeman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.