Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Stopped Working
Oscar Stopped Working
Hi .
I have just installed Oscar and imported data from sleepyhead. When complete the 'About Panel' is displayed and I can navigate around it.
When I close the 'About' panel my profile is loaded and reaches 100%. At this point a box pops up informing me that Oscar has stopped working with a choice of Close Program or debug. Debug takes me into Visual Studio.
Checking  the events viewer I find the event as below.
Running Windows 10 fully updated. Might not be relevant but after upgrading to Win 10 I had to run 'Sleepyhead - broken gl' , standard on Win 7.

AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7
16G ram
Win 10 10.0.17763 Build 17763.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks Rob

EVENT
Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          03/06/2019 17:38:20
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      RobsPC
Description:
Faulting application name: OSCAR.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cc0f211
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
Faulting process id: 0x30f0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d51a2ab678b930
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\OSCAR\OSCAR.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: b49392e2-cea1-43fc-8413-81ff93d4c3b4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-06-03T16:38:20.442104000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>61632</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>RobsPC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>OSCAR.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>5cc0f211</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>0000000000000000</Data>
    <Data>30f0</Data>
    <Data>01d51a2ab678b930</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\OSCAR\OSCAR.exe</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>b49392e2-cea1-43fc-8413-81ff93d4c3b4</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Stopped Working
(06-04-2019, 04:31 AM)RobD Wrote: Hi .
I have just installed Oscar and imported data from sleepyhead. When complete the 'About Panel' is displayed and I can navigate around it.
When I close the 'About' panel my profile is loaded and reaches 100%. At this point a box pops up informing me that Oscar has stopped working with a choice of Close Program or debug. Debug takes me into Visual Studio.
Checking  the events viewer I find the event as below.
Running Windows 10 fully updated. Might not be relevant but after upgrading to Win 10 I had to run 'Sleepyhead - broken gl' , standard on Win 7.

We can easily enough test to see whether graphics support is the problem by forcing OSCAR to use "legacy graphics" (should be about the same as "brokenGL" in SleepyHead).  I'll send you a PM with a link to a script that will edit the registry to turn on that mode.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks, that did the trick, or at least got past that failure. I will continue to try it out, but don't envisage any more problems.

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Guy,  I have the same problem....could you please send me the link for the Oscar Broken GL?  Thanks, Brenda
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a batch file that will allow you set any of the graphc engine options.

Set OSCAR Graphic Engine Options
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2019, 11:19 AM)Jeanne64 Wrote: Hi, Guy,  I have the same problem....could you please send me the link for the Oscar Broken GL?  Thanks, Brenda

We have a registry script that forces OSCAR to use a different version of the graphics engine that may solve your problem.

Download FixGraphics.reg, open Windows Explorer, navigate to where you saved the file, and double click on FixGraphcs.reg to update the registry.  You will get a variety of warning messages from Microsoft about the danger of editing the registry.  Go ahead and allow the registry changes to be made.  Restart OSCAR and see if that helps.

OSCAR has three different graphics engines available -- OpenGL, ANGLE, and Software engine.  OpenGL is the default but does not work with some older computers.  (While you can set the desired engine in the Preferences dialog, in cases like yours you cannot get to the Preferences dialog!)  The registry script forces use of the Software engine.  Later, if you want to try the ANGLE engine, go to File/Preferences/Appearance and select the ANGLE engine.  If it doesn't work after you do that, just run the registry script again and you'll be back to the software engine.

Let us know whether this solves your problem.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!   Using the registry change did the trick.  I went on and checked it with the ANGLE, and that took away all graphics for my nightly data.  So I ran the registry change again, and all is well.  Thank you SO much!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 70 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Quit Working stillsleepy2 19 1,119 01-11-2024, 04:59 PM
Sad Upgrade check not working [fixed in OSCAR 1.5.1] clan 1 595 09-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar stopped recording fstbiker 1 603 06-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Question [split] Mac M1 stopped importing BestDreamYet 9 1,100 05-31-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: BestDreamYet
  SpO2 Drop below X not working? YouTakeMyBreathAway 9 808 02-03-2023, 12:18 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Mac Oscar 1.4 not working with ResMed AirStart 10 mumug 8 1,021 06-28-2022, 06:55 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.