Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR: actionable information?
OSCAR: actionable information?
Hi there, I'm a new and grateful AirSense 10 user. Also a software/data nerd. I'm super impressed with OSCAR, it's a remarkably well designed and powerful piece of software. I particularly like how easily I can integrate data from my O2Ring SpO2 sensor.

I'm wondering: what sort of things can OSCAR show me that I can act on? If you use OSCAR, have you taken what you've learned from it and changed how you sleep or use your CPAP machine?

An example I have in mind: while I was waiting for my OSA diagnosis I did some experiments with my SpO2 sensor. Specifically one night where I added a wedge pillow and videoed my sleep positions, then correlated to the time graph of SpO2. From that one night I was able to tell that the wedge pillow really helped my breathing. Also could quantify the difference between sleeping on my back and my side. I changed how I slept and it was a big help tiding me over until I got the CPAP.

I'm content using OSCAR to be better informed. So far the CPAP is working well for me. And the AirSense 10 gives so much data! It's been fascinating seeing how I breathe at night, also how the machine tracks and adapts. But I'm wondering if there's more active learning / improvements I can make from the data OSCAR shows me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR: actionable information?
Hi NelsonM!  -  Welcome
Look at the links in my signature for more information about OSCAR.  I hope at least one of them will provide you with some insight.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR - Only summary information is available paulag1955 8 664 12-09-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Oximeter Information Viatom jbeam 2 694 02-28-2023, 09:27 PM
Last Post: jbeam
  Editing Profile Information [OSCAR] Homerec130 12 1,820 08-15-2022, 12:26 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Oscar information for newbies Dormeo 7 1,231 05-29-2019, 01:44 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Sleepyhead - doesn't give complete information every night aminator 2 956 04-22-2019, 09:12 AM
Last Post: aminator
  Why did SH show files in Session Information? ShaunBlake 11 2,372 06-17-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: ShaunBlake
  information jerry1967 10 2,105 08-01-2017, 08:33 AM
Last Post: jerry1967

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.