Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Time Scale
Oscar Time Scale
Hi all.

In the User Profile, whether I check or uncheck the box DST Zone, the time scale does not change on the daily charts ?

The time for me should be GMT-05:00 with DST on.
The readings I get are one hour too early.

I tried checking and unchecking the DST box, closed Oscar and restarted it but nothing changed.

Am I missing something?

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar Time Scale
Nope... Neither SleepyHead nor OSCAR have ever done anything with time zone information. Daylight Saving Time is particularly difficult to handle, as - aside from the US and Canada - almost all countries that switch switch at different times - Australia, of course, switches opposite to northern hemisphere countries.

The AS11 presents new problems, as it's not possible to set time zone offsets that are ont multiples of one hour, and once it's set you cannot change it unless you delete all the machine's saved data. At the present time, it looks like you can use the 'clock drift' setting to correct for an improper time zone setting. This isn't a perfect solution since OSCAR doesn't keep a history of those changes. That means that after a change, the new change will be applied to all previous days' data. I hope to get it all sorted out for some future release.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 0 17 1 hour ago
Last Post: Tman1966
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 85 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 202 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 325 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 754 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
  Time adjust BlueSky1958 0 417 12-10-2023, 08:05 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Oscar Time Display Discrepancy BeardedPAP 2 662 11-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CWest

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.