Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar and Oximetry
Oscar and Oximetry
is the listing of compatible home-use oximeters listed in the OSCAR 1.3 Oximeter Wizard up-to-date?

What I hope to accomplish is to see a SpO2 graph integrated with my daily APaP details graphs to see any association between Resmed Flow limitations / Hypopnea events and actual desaturations > 3%.

A wrist based SpO2 sensor would be preferred.  (but of course $$$ are always a factor)

If I understand correctly, the first issue is setting up the Oximeter to start a session at exactly the same time that a sleep session is initiated. 

Are there any other pitfalls to be aware of (beyond understanding the latency of the subject's blood oxygen versus respiration changes)?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar and Oximetry
OSCAR's Oximetry Wizard is for Contec CMS-50 series oximeters.  The import option is for the older firmware and will not work with oximeters of current manufacture.  For the newer models, you will need to use the Windows only Smart Device Assistant 3.1.0.1 software to capture the ".SpO2" file data.  You will then import this file into OSCAR.  Within the Oximetry Wizard is an option to use the oximeter's time, the CPAP starting time, or a user supplied time.

Other oximeters that are supported are the Viatom/Wellue Checkme, SleepU, and O2Ring series.  While a direct data import is not currently offered, the manufacturer offers data acquisition software for Mac, Windows, Android, and iPhone platforms.  The filename that is generated using the date and time. You can sync the data from these models by editing the file's name to match the CPAP's starting time.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm trying to learn what I can before purchasing an oximeter so that I understand if it will meet my expectations. 

So, is the "Smart Device Assistant 3.1.0.1 software to capture the ".SpO2" file data" something that is packaged with the oximeter, or do I purchase that separately?

Am I correct in assuming that the oximeter would only record one sleep session ( say a 8-10 hour period) and that data would have to be exported to a ".SpO2" (that could be saved with EDF files for that day - later be picked up by OSCAR's wizard). In other words, home based oximeters generally do not record multiple days. 

Lastly, are my expectations (having a  SpO2 vs. time graph being displayed simultanously with the OSCAR flowrate and pressure graphs and zoom capable)... are those expectations realistic?
Post Reply Post Reply
First, all current oximeters will require its data file to be uploaded into OSCAR.  This will require the use of the manufacturer's free software app to generate these files.

As I was writing a diatribe on this subject, I finally found the thread that really answers most of your questions.

Here is link:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Comparison

One last thought, Wellue usually has some type of discount offer floating on the internet. If you decide on this brand, please search for a discount code first.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much, I'll study it and act accordingly!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using a platform called "Health Explorer" that pulls data from my Garmin watch's Pulse OX as well as Heart Rate Monitor and just started using OSCAR. I'm wondering if there's a way to pull OSCAR Data out to tie into another engine. Health Explorer is detecting AFIB events from wearables, and also tracks nutrition, exercise, etc. Would be cool to see these intersect in a way that we could tie the data together. Anyone know if an API could export from OSCAR?
Post Reply Post Reply
This is just a thought.  OSCAR is using the raw data produced by your Resmed for reporting.   These are standard edf files and can be viewed with free software like, EDF Browser.  Maybe your Health Explorer platform could incorporate the importation of the edf file's data.  This would eliminate the data being translated twice.

Of course, I could be missing something here...
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the answer.   I was not aware of EDF as I'm not the developer of the Health Explorer App.    They said to me "it's binary files" when I asked if we could import, so I suggested they look at OSCAR since it imports the data.    I will relay this to them, appreciate it.   We've been trying to get my sleep doctor to become interested in looking at the closed feedback loop from wearables and what they are seeing in the AirView system.    Apparently ResMed are VERY stand-offish about the inquiries we've made about getting the API tied together.    I've spoken to a handful of the execs at ResMed and they kept trying to push this off to the HME provider, and the HME provider has not been helpful either.    Such a silly game to have to go this way just to get your own data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 152 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 134 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Can't set custom oximetry options in OSCAR Pixel Ninja 1 674 07-02-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  using OSCAR for Contec CMS50F oximetry ...without any CPAP data? sleepymon 2 632 02-20-2023, 04:08 AM
Last Post: sleepymon
Question OSCAR Oximetry Pulse Rate Events - In Excessive Amounts (?) DavidEsp 4 860 02-17-2023, 06:11 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
Question OSCAR Oximetry Preferences - Pulse Change Events - How Re-apply to Existing Data? DavidEsp 2 618 02-17-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  What does "Automatic Oximetry Cleanup" do exactly? YouTakeMyBreathAway 3 568 01-10-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.