Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar and time change?
Question 
Oscar and time change?
Oscar appears to lose track during the time change last night.  I woke briefly and stopped my machine at 4:15 (new time) and turned the machine back on after ~30 sec.  I eventually got up ~6:00 AM. When I examined the data it looks like the graphs do not properly record the last few hours.  The event flags appear correct but show no time change.  However the rest of the graphs are overwritten for the last 1hr 45min (the second sleep period is overlapped with the first and the event flags are not correctly synced.  In addition the y-axis limits appear to have changed from 4-9 to 4-8. This morning when I checked the time on the machine it was still on standard time. I am using Oscar v1.0.1-r-1 with windows 10.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar and time change?
There's a problem with Resmed's data if your session gap is less than 3 minutes.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Aside from that - and three minutes may or my not be the minimum - but Resmed machines don't do any time changing. They know nothing of Daylight Saving Time, or even how to keep accurate time week over week.
Unfortunately, the computer running OSCAR does know about the time change, but the graphing routines we use don't. This results in a one hour gap twice a year. Fixing the graphing routines is somewhere down on my list of things to do. It's very difficult because different countries use different dates for the time change, and our three different operating systems store that information in different places...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
afaik the only problem with the uncertain session gap timing is whether & when sessions are combined. at least I haven't experienced any other issues with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I understand that problems with Resmed's data could lead to the observed overwrite problems and that the event flags could in fact also be overwritten but I find it difficult that it would also explain the observed change in Y-axis limit on the pressure graph. I clearly did not make that change.
Post Reply Post Reply
My apologies, Grandpapa-G - I did not take a careful look at your screenshot. Everything I said was true, and none of it applies to your chart. I have never seen an overlap like yours shows.

I'd very much like to take a look at a copy of your SD card. There are some instructions in the Wiki about how to make a zipped copy - at http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Card_Data - and then you can upload it to Bonjour's receiving Dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b

This is entirely your choice, of course. If you do not feel comfortable sharing your data with the OSCAR team, that is also OK.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2020, 04:57 PM)pholynyk Wrote: My apologies, Grandpapa-G - I did not take a careful look at your screenshot. Everything I said was true, and none of it applies to your chart. I have never seen an overlap like yours shows.

I'd very much like to take a look at a copy of your SD card. There are some instructions in the Wiki about how to make a zipped copy - at http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Card_Data - and then you can upload it to Bonjour's receiving Dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b

I looked at my card today, and I also saw the overlap you were interested in.  Also, I know that I woke up for a bathroom break and stopped the S9.  However, the daily OSCAR view only shows 1 session, about 1 hour shorter than was reported by the machine when I got up this AM.  I'm perfectly happy to submit the SD card image if you wish.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes please add it to Bonjour's Dropbox at the link above.

I have a suspicion that the bathroom break may be the key to the overlap, and I'd like to check the timing saved in the files.
Post Reply Post Reply
I uploaded my SD card image as suggested - at least I think I followed the directions correctly. For what its worth the Oscar charts are back to normal today and the y-axis limit on pressure is back to normal as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Zip file created and uploaded - let me know if there is any issue.  Zip is available in Linux, but other formats are more commonly used there.  My next choice would probably be 7z - if needed, let me know what formats you prefer.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 83 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 201 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 321 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 751 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
  Time adjust BlueSky1958 0 417 12-10-2023, 08:05 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Oscar Time Display Discrepancy BeardedPAP 2 659 11-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CWest
  Need total usage time displayed in OSCAR for FAA dadto5 4 606 11-18-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: dadto5

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.