Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Dummy - Help me get started using Oscar
RE: Oscar Dummy - Help me get started using Oscar
Hello Guy,
  "Desktop OpenGL" was the graphics engine I had selected. I tried again to upload the logs. I am a "Computer dummy" as well as a "Oscar dummy" (dual degrees) so I hope I got it this time. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok, got the logs but they did not provide an answer. 

The failing module is the Intel graphics driver, so the problem likely has something to do with your operating system or driver version.

Try this: hold down the SHIFT key while you double click on the OSCAR icon to start OSCAR. Hold the shift key down until the OSCAR window appears.

Select File > Preferences > General. The setting at the upper left of the Preferences dialog General page allows you to select the graphics engine. The selection should now be set to "Software Engine." If still set to OpenGL, set it instead to "Software Engine."

See if the problem you are having still appears. If it does, I'm going to suggest updating your video driver. Are you allowing Windows to update itself automatically?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Guy,
  Changing the graphics engine from "OpenGL" to "Software Engine." took care of the problem. Your good at this Great-info, thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
HELP!  I forgot how to take a SCREEN SHOT with OSCAR!!     Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
using F12 is preferable as it performs some formating
View / Take Screenshot also works.

See the organization link in my signature
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a question. My doctor has changed my machine from a Res Med AirCurve 10 BI-Pap to a AirCurve 10 ASV. I have only used the new machine less than a week but noticed with my new machine the Oscar charts do not show a CA (clear apena) reading. It is supposed to treat central apnea. Does absence of a chart mean my central apnea has disappeared? So far I have not had CA or OA apenas on my charts. I have  a chart for OA on Oscar but no chart for CA, just interested as to why. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
The design of the ASV is such that CA events are stopped as they are occurring in the breath that they would have occurred, VERY effectively. You will not likely see any CA events.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed ASV differs from your previous VPAP in that it does not have the FOT (forced oscillation technique) algorithm to determine whether an apnea is central or obstructive, so all apnea are recorded as UA (unknown). Show us a chart and we can take a look at the settings and therapy results if you want better information.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR and DreamStation 2 sallym 11 580 7 hours ago
Last Post: sallym
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 7 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Oscar and ResMed Domino96 13 751 Yesterday, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 44 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Cannot run Oscar on Mac Studio w/Sonoma 14.4 Morseman 4 68 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Morseman
  Only english language after I upgraded to Oscar 1.5.2 faine 3 68 Yesterday, 02:28 PM
  OSCAR API gio.stefani 1 59 03-26-2024, 06:24 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.